Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

Joy-Cons Drift, does electrical contact cleaner like DeoxIT work?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

I saw a TikTok where someone said that for Joy-Con drift they just spray contact cleaner under the rubber flap around the analogue stick. Doe state work, she seemed convinced. She was using WD-40 Brand Electrical Contact Cleaner, but I think the jist was any contact cleaner would work. But is that the solution for Joy-Cons or is just placebo?

I see it recommended since 2019-ish, but I never see anyone swear by it, or say it works 100% of the time. It seems weird that people take apart Joy-Cons which you would assume would dislodged disburse and they sate when they put back the Joy-Con it still drifts. It seem a little too good to be accurate that drift is just disburse that can be swept away by a spritzed of cleaner.

Have people here used electrical contact cleaner with sucess?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have no idea but where I come from there's more or less a belief that if there's a problem with anything you can fix it with enough WD-40 so I'd buy it.

tontogoldstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It worked for me. I used it on 3 pairs of joy cons and the problem went away. I don't use them often enough to say when/if drift will come back. Also in case anyone sees the above comment and gets confused, don't use regular WD-40! WD-40 electrical contact cleaner is a separate product!

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

It worked like a charm for me. Have to reapply it every once in a while but that plus some light suction has seemed to eliminate the drift for months at a time in my experience.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.