Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

Need some suggestions for a new Switch game or 2

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ozzdog12

I have some heavy travel coming up soon and plan on utilizing my Switch more. What are some good games that run well on Switch in portability mode. I’m down with any genre except JRPGs.

I have Dead Cells, Sonic Mania, Hollow Knight, BotW, Odyssey, & Mario Kart 8 and I’ve put more time into Dead Cells than anything and I’ll def be putting some more time into what I already have. I have an insane amount of the big Indies on Steam but I’m honestly not opposed to double dipping on the Switch just for the portability aspect.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Into the Breach if that’s your jam (turn-based tactical/puzzle game) has tons of replayability. You can easily put 100 hours in that game and it’s not too expensive.

Haven’t played the Switch version but word on the street is good on it.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Celeste & Moonlighter

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@atastyslurpee: Yeah I’ve been thinking about Moonlighter. I’ve heard a lot about Celeste, but I know nothing about it

@fear_the_booboo: Yes! I have Into the Breach on Steam and really like it. That’s an option

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Diablo 3 is a great game that will chew up hours very quickly. Perhaps that?

I also dug Mario+Rabbids if you're into simplified tactics gameplay.

acharlie1377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd recommend Steamworld Heist, as I feel it's highly underrated; it's basically a 2D XCOM, set in the same universe as the Steamworld Dig games. Probably my favorite tactics game on Switch, and it has tons of replayability as all the missions are procedurally generated.

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Messenger was good fun, and has a banger of a soundtrack. Skirts the line between being challenging but still fun, and the writing is unexpectedly good.

Into the Breach works really well in portable mode especially if you will be jumping in and out of it during travel, since it's easy to pick up where you left off.

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon you could complete during a transatlantic flight and be delighted. It plays like classic Castlevania and never gets particularly difficult but if you have any nostalgia for those games, you should enjoy it a lot. The music is fantastic too

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.