Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

What accessories have you bought?

• 65 results
    Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I haven't got a Switch yet, but if I want to be able to play games with 3 people, what exactly do I need?

Will a set of joycons (included) + a Pro Controller be enough?

FunkyHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By FunkyHugo

Just got mine this week but I only bought the pro controller. I guess I’ll buy a case at some point (and I got a screen protector coming in the mail).

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Pro Controller, Screen Protector, Carry Case. Though the case is mostly for storage.

NickMitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By NickMitch
    No Caption Provided

Switch Everywhere messenger bag

Great bag that fits all the stuff and it has a separate semi-hard shell case for the switch with attached joycons.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No Caption Provided

Copter Exoglass - Screen Protector

No further explanation needed. Just a crucial accessory.

No Caption Provided

Hori Switch Game Card Case

Since I´m going mosty physical, this thing holds 24 cartridges and 2 micro-sd cards. Perfect companion when travelling. Fits well in the messenger bag. Cartridges fits securely.

No Caption Provided

Dragon Slay Precision Thumb Grips

Bought these to get better grip and a bit further travel on the joy-con sticks. Turned out these only made things worse. The material is way more slippy than the OG sticks. And also they were very hard to get on because the rubber used is very stiff. I threw them in the trash immediately.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Just a carrying case.

kamikawa4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 - screen protector. The dock is known to scratch the screen on occassion.

#2 & #3 - carry case or controller. If you think you will be taking the Switch out and about the case is a priority. If you plan on using the console docked more the pro controller is a darn good (but pricy) controller.

That's really all I would say is really necessary. The rest all comes down to personal preference.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#57 sweep  Moderator

@sweep said:

I'll buy a case as soon as I can find somewhere in Singapore selling them. I'm not buying a screen protector because they look worse than the scratches.

I haven't had a Nintendo console in a while... Do I need an amiibo or some fucken' thing?

Since posting this I've bought a case, SD card, 3 pro controllers and 3 amiibos.

Goddammit.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found a good sale on a 64GB SD Card, so I picked that up as well. Not sure if I'll ever download that many games, but better safe than sorry.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

None, really. I bought the collector's edition of Zelda for the carrying case and everything else has been too expensive in my opinion.

Sordel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Sordel

I've owned the Switch since launch and I still haven't really gone to town on accessories. I bought a pro controller but I don't really use it because I like the divided joycons as my main controller when running off the TV and don't really use tabletop mode when not using a TV. Also, because I don't use tabletop mode the nice heavy aluminum stand I bought has been virtually unused as well.

I got a simple unbranded case that did the job very well but I upgraded it and donated it to my nephew along with the Switch we bought him for the Christmas. The replacement case was one that I ordered on Kickstarter: the Skull & Co. Gripcase. This is a protective case that makes the Switch more comfortable that comes with a large travel case to accomodate its larger form profile. I think it's very good and when my wife, another Switch owner, saw it she immediately wanted one herself.

Other than that, nothing really. An external power bank (of course) and a 128GB memory card (if that even counts). I'd like to get a decent travel dock but I'm waiting for someone to really nail the design on that.

fnrslvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Two cases. The original one was one of the somewhat bulky leather hardshell cases with the handle, but when I bought my new messenger bag I needed a thinner case to fit it into a pocket that happened to be a perfect snug fit for the smaller carry case. It's amazing, like they designed this bag to fit a Switch in that particular pocket.
    • A pro controller. Probably the most comfortable controller I've ever used.
    • One of those licensed Zelda-themed controllers, because it looked cool and was cheap and I figured it'd be a good idea to have a second controller on hand for multiplayer. Seems decent (though not as good as the pro), haven't really used it much.
    • A second power adapter, so that I can have one for the dock next to my monitor and one next to my bed.
    • A 200GB micro SDXC card that's still on its way. I'm actually considering selling my physical carts and re-buying digital.

...I think that's everything so far. Pretty happy with all of it, really.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In order (I think):

• Blue Zelda hardcase
    • Some USB C cables, though I haven't used them yet
    • Green/Pink Joy-Cons
    • Mini dock replacement shell
    • Hori Pikachu Pokken Pro Pad
    • GameCube controller to USB adapter
    • USB C OTG adapter, which again, I haven't actually used
    • 64GB Samsung EVO card

Got most of what I need right there except for:

• A decent power bank.
    • A decent controller, as the GameCube controller is a poor replacement for a Pro Controller until Nintendo releases system-level button remaps.
    • A charge grip, or something else to charge my gray Joy-Cons without ever needing to remove my Green/Pink ones.

I've also been looking at those transparent tablet and Joy-Con shells you can import from China these days. The only reason I haven't bought a set yet is because it undermines my very expensive Green/Pink Joy-Con purchase.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Axersia

So I finally caved and grabbed myself a pro controller after Amazon UK dropped the Xenoblade 2 edition to 50 GBP. Probably the most comfortable controller ever made. Glad I got one in time for Bayonetta.

So that just leaves a decent power bank and some charge straps for my second set of Joy-Cons, though I probably won't using those anymore now that I've got a Pro Controller.

The power bank ain't gonna be cheap. You're looking for a premium device with 20k+ mAh, USB-C and USB-PD support, otherwise you might as well not bother.

The Switch is kind of a messy system, and one of the most expensive consoles ever made when you factor in all the hidden costs required for the full experience.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Axersia

So I just ordered a power bank since it was on sale again on GearBest for 60 bucks. It's the ZMI (Xiaomi) 20.000 mAh, one of only a couple of power banks in existence (and certainly the cheapest) to support the 15v2.6a Power Delivery profile, thus being able to fully power the dock and HDMI out and charge the Switch at max speed. Might be overkill for some people, but I kinda like the idea of being able to hook it up anywhere without needing a power outlet. Should be able to charge the Switch roughly 2.5 times.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#66  Edited By Tom_omb

I use an old sock as a "case"

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Screen protector, microSD card, carrying case and an extra USB-C power adapter.

Oh, and I bought some amiibos for the first time recently and I am already addicted (kill me now).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.