Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

What launch games are you picking up with your Nintendo Switch

• 68 results
    bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By bigsocrates

Poll What launch games are you picking up with your Nintendo Switch (553 votes)

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 58%
    Snipperclips 21%
    1-2 Switch 10%
    I am Setsuna 4%
    Super Bomberman R 6%
    Skylanders: Imaginators 0%
    Just Dance 2017 0%
    Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove 9%
    Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment 7%
    Little Inferno (might miss launch) 0%
    World of Goo (might miss launch) 0%
    Human Resource Machine (might miss launch) 1%
    I am not buying a Switch at launch but I AM answering this damn poll, and you can't stop me! 47%

Now that the Switch lineup seems set (though there are still fluctuations going on with Little Inferno, World of Goo, and Human Resource Machine) what games are people planning to pick up?

Do you plan to go digital or physical?

How many people are actually buying this thing but NOT Zelda?

Personally I am picking up Zelda, Snipperclips, Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (even though I already own multiple copies), and Human Resource Machine if it's available. I may pick up I am Setsuna when it gets cheap. RPGs are good for a portable because RPG grinding is kind of the ideal gameplay for the subway. I find anything that requires more focus or dexterity tough with all the jostles and ambient noise and stuff.

I will also eventually get Super Bomberman R but not at $50.

I wish Puyo Puyo Tetris and Disgaea 5 were launching with this thing. Both of those are good portable games and would really round out the launch lineup. Fortunately it won't take long for them to arrive. I am looking forward to Puyo Puyo Tetris in particular.

I will be buying everything digital, which means I won't be playing Zelda at launch most likely (that's okay, I want to play Horizon: Zero Dawn anyway).

• 
    Avatar image for octopusrocketmark
    Octopusrocketmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zelda and Shovel Knight are the only things that matter and that's an irrefutable fact

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 23

I voted for Snipperclips and Zelda, though I don't have it ordered. It would be a really bad idea to spend all my money on a Switch but I still want to...

cyberbloke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not getting one, but if I was, Zelda is the only game I find remotely tempting.

Yesiamaduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I've preordered Zelda and Bomberman R (as when I realized Mario Kart wasnt a launch title I was determined to have at least one multiplayer game to play at work in the mean time, no matter the quality) and now that Snipperclips is on the way as well I'm probably going to buy that as well (rendering the Bomberman purchase truely redundant)

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

None I guess, since I'm not buying a switch at launch and I'm getting Zelda on WiiU

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Quantris

I will probably pick up Snipperclips later, but I don't plan on having any time to play it so sticking with just Zelda for launch.

buttnuggets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By buttnuggets

You forgot F.A.S.T. RMX! It'll be on Eshop at launch for 20$.

I never got it on my WiiU, so launch window is probably the best time for me to pick it up.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By hippie_genocide

Holding off until at least Super Mario Odyssey at the earliest. Will be picking up BotW on WiiU. This lineup is pretty weak though. Probably one of the worst that I can remember.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a Nintendo fan but I have an odd craving to play Zelda it'll be my only Switch game until probably Fire Emblem releases sometime in 2018.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got pre-orders in for Zelda, 1-2-Switch, and Bomberman. I'll keep bomberman in it's package because Snipperclips looks like it might be more fun for just 2 players. I'm also debating if I should just go digital with these titles. I like the savings I can get on Amazon, but long term I have a feeling I'd kinda rather just have them digital for less clutter later on.

I've also got preorders in for an additional set of joy-con (L&R), the charging grip (will be going back if it doesn't hold a charge on its own), and the obligatory case & screen protector.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Zelda, possibly Fast Racing RMX but who am I kidding Zelda's all I'm gonna play for months.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
    deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I'm getting The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Snipperclips. I may possibly get Super Bomberman R as well. Also, The Binding of Issac is coming out later in March and I have that pre-ordered as well.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MezZa

Zelda and 1-2-Switch. Might download I Am Setsuna as well, but zelda will take up a majority of my time anyway.

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasnt goin to get a switch as im not a zelda fan i think its a terrible launch line up but then again im an idiot and like buying new consoles.

Was on shopto last night and they seem to still have pre orders so pre ordered it and zelda and will also get snipperclips and probably 1-2 switch.

Cant wait to see what free games they will give us when we become switch ambassadors.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hunkulese

I hate myself. Even though I don't want or need the switch since I have a Wii U, I just preordered Zelda an 1-2 Switch, and I'll be out Friday looking to buy a Switch. I've wanted to play I am Setsuna, but it seems like a game that's going to end up on PS+ sooner or later.

generalwalnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just Zelda for now, too much coming out for everything right now for me to go in on much more than that. Will definitely pick up Mario Kart, Spla2n, and Mario Odyssey (assuming no delay) by the end of the year though.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 61

#17 riostarwind  Moderator

Now that I think about it I'm kinda surprised at how many Switch games I'm thinking about picking up day one. Other than the main reason why I'm getting a Switch (Zelda) I'm also picking up Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips and Shovel Knight Treasure Trove. Can't say I'm not worried Bomberman is going to have frame rate issues but in the end multiplayer is still fun. Snipperclips just looks like an all-around fun coop puzzle game and the support by the developers on Shovel Knight made me want to support their efforts by buying the game again.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cabbages: I don't know man, I think the Wii u's launch lineup was far worse. For me personally Zelda is enough at launch because that's all I'd play anyway but it did suck that there were only a couple of games announced for launch. However in the weeks since the presentation there have been enough compelling games announced for launch that I don't think you can call it terrible.

I know not everyone is going to share my opinion but I would take Zelda over any console launch title in recent memory.

wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll only be getting Zelda. It'll have to be the eShop version though, but only because Amazon screwed me over when I was forced to change my payment method.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bigsocrates

@cabbages: I don't know man, I think the Wii u's launch lineup was far worse. For me personally Zelda is enough at launch because that's all I'd play anyway but it did suck that there were only a couple of games announced for launch. However in the weeks since the presentation there have been enough compelling games announced for launch that I don't think you can call it terrible.

I know not everyone is going to share my opinion but I would take Zelda over any console launch title in recent memory.

I think that Zelda looks FAR better than any console launch title since...I don't know, Super Mario 64. But Zelda is also on Wii U. If you have a Wii U then Zelda isn't a huge draw, and the rest of the launch (besides ports of old games) is small stuff like Snipperclips at best and total filler like Just Dance at worst.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Not picking one up day one, but I will be getting one ASAP. I would like to get Zelda, Shovel Knight, Puyo Puyo Tetris, and Binding of Issac with it, but with the need to get an sd card and possibly a pro controller I'll probably get Zelda and one other game. Tetris maybe because of it's lower price point.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zelda, that's all. I find there to be a huge lack of games worth getting at launch, but I don't want to play Zelda anywhere but on the Switch, so I'm going to get Zelda on the Switch first day if I can.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: Yeah, you're absolutely right about Zelda. I'm not saying the launch lineup is the best it could be, it's far from it but it's certainly not terrible.

Are you getting Zelda? If so are you getting it on Wii U or Switch? I'll be very curious to see how well it sells on both.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@razzuel: When I first preordered my Switch from Amazon as soon as they were available, I decided to add a gift card to it after the fact and that pushed me to the back of the queue. I was baffled that nowhere does it tell you that this will happen if you amend an order. I ended up getting lucky and managed to secure a neon console for launch from Amazon but I panicked for a little bit.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: Yeah, you're absolutely right about Zelda. I'm not saying the launch lineup is the best it could be, it's far from it but it's certainly not terrible.

Are you getting Zelda? If so are you getting it on Wii U or Switch? I'll be very curious to see how well it sells on both.

I don't have a Wii U so I am getting Zelda on Switch, hopefully digitally although I assume that will be a mess for the first few days at least.

I regret never picking up a Wii U, which is one of the reasons I'm getting a Switch. I hope Zelda is great, but even if I end up not liking it I assume Nintendo will put enough out for this thing that I will want to own it at some point.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zelda and Snippers, maybe Shovel Knight if I'm bored enough. I'm on the fence about 1, 2 Switch because I'm leaving for S. America to run a hostel for 6 months and I could possibly get some use by charging people to play that game and the replay value will come from new guests trying it.

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Fast RMX and Zelda

chrispaul92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zelda and Snipper Clips.

Topshelf211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised by the general lack of interest in Bomberman, maybe it's that price tag.

ltcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure I paid $360 to play Zelda, because none of the other games I've seen interest me at all. Sure hope Zelda doesn't suck!

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True story.

Zelda and Shovel Knight are the only things that matter and that's an irrefutable fact

Viqor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zelda is the obvious one, but I plan to get Fast RMX too, and Snipperclips as soon as I figure out if the Joycon bundle they're releasing is worthwhile.

master_prophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 11

Fast RMX isn't on here, and I plan on getting that.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I am getting Zelda on the Wii U that I already own. Probably won't be getting a Switch until Mario. I liked Mario Kart and Splatoon was good. But, neither of those games are moving me.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Heltom92

I can't imagine buying this thing and not getting Zelda, I'll probably get Shovel Knight as well. Fast RMX looks really cool too.

crackity_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zelda, Snipperclips, Fast RMX, Shovel Knight, and maybe Bomberman

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By matatat

I keep thinking about 1-2-Switch, but the number of times that I think I would play it besides showing it off to people is probably close to zero. Zelda will be a definite. Snipperclips I haven't really looked into but by all accounts it sounds like a fun coop game, so I'll probably get that so I can play with my girlfriend. I like me some Bomberman but I've been hugely unimpressed with a lot of the more recent Bomberman games so I'll probably just keep an eye on that one.

coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have Zelda and 1-2-Switch preordered, but I'll probably pick up a couple of eShop games too. I'm half considering I Am Setsuna and Puyo Puyo Tetris depending on how the language setup is in the Japanese versions.

naptimesleeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

The only game I have pre-ordered is Zelda. I'll try out the Snipperclips demo and see if I like it.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
    planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I will be getting the launch game.

coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matatat: 1-2-Switch is my "girlfriend" game for the system. I think she'll love it more than I, and will help justify my purchase to her I think. She's not really a traditional gamer, so it'll be nice to have something to play together.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By colourful_hippie

@coughlanio: She'll probably like Snipperclips which is coop!

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far the only things on my radar atm are snipper clips and zelda. The others I ether already have or have no interest in.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Zelda, Snipperclips, Shovel Knight and maybe I am Setsuna. I'm tempted by 1,2 Switch after seeing more of the minigames but will probably wait for a sale. Pumped!

redxnumber2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Like everyone else I'm getting Zelda but also plan on getting Fast RMX.

coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colourful_hippie: Yeah, I was thinking of it - might require a bit more joystick dexterity though. It looks like an interesting game regardless though!

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47  Edited By bonbolapti

Aside from getting Zelda on Launch day, I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick up 1-2-switch. Party games are fun, especially when you run with the type of crowd that would love to play party games.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Zelda, Snipperclips, and Fast Racing RMX are must play games. Might get 1-2-switch at some point.

WeyounNumber6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zelda, 1 2 Switch and Bomberman at lauch

tatsuyarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Zelda, Bomberman R and I will probably import Puyo Puyo Tetris.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.