Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

Which game to get for a weekend in hospital

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb6ba4d7b3e7
    deactivated-5eb6ba4d7b3e7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Poll Which game to get for a weekend in hospital (29 votes)

Bayonetta 1 + 2 Combo 72%
    Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition 28%

So I'm about to spend the weekend in hospital for observation which means 1 thing, boredom that can only be broken with videogames! With that said, I'm keen to see what people think is the game to go with. I've already played just about everything else I am interested in on the switch, so it's down to these two, which I feel pretty equilly interested in.

Cheers for your options in advance.

NOTE: I don't get a tv I can plug this into, so consider it will be played in hand held mode.

• 
    WheresDerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think Bayonetta would be more engaging while Hyrule Warriors would be more mindless and fatiguing.

Really depends on if you want a game to take it easy with or something more focused.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

There's probably more content in Hyrule Warriors though truth be told, more "content" in a Musou game largely means replaying the same maps over and over with different characters and conditions. That said, it's still pretty fun.

I voted for Bayonetta though because the campaigns will last you most of the day and replaying them on higher difficulties is, in my opinion, infinitely more fun than anything Hyrule Warriors is gonna throw at you.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By damodar

I feel like those Omega Force Warriors/musou style games are basically something that people play while listening to podcasts and stuff and they're not particularly engaged by the game, it's just sort of a shut your brain off and autopilot while paying more attention to something else. That can be a good way to relax etc, but if you're not juggling any other games, it might get old kinda fast.

On the other hand, I think the Bayonetta series is the pinnacle of its genre and I'm surprised that mine was the only vote for it at the time I voted. This has since been remedied!

Hope your hospital stay goes ok, duder!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Bayonetta!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.