Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

Will you be taking your Switch out with you?

feive_vz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Will you be taking your Switch out with you? (67 votes)

No, it's staying at home 24/7 36%
    Yes, but only to "safe" places (work, local cafes, etc.) 40%
    Yes, anywhere! 24%

Hey duders,

With the Switch here tomorrow I've been on the fence about getting a carry case for it. I definitely have a chance to use it outside, but haven't seen anything solid regarding durability. So I figured I'd ask and see what everyone here was thinking.

Personally I can imagine myself taking it to work or something, but I'm not sure if I could bring myself to just keep it in my bag like I've kept a Vita or 3DS.

• 
    WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By WynnDuffy

I'm on the train 2 hours a day, so yes!

I think it's also understated how nice it will be to just take my Switch down to the kitchen while I wait for something to cook.

It's meant to have great build quality, if you take a Vita or 3DS outside there's no reason to not take the Switch.

The biggest concern is we need powerbanks with more output otherwise you can't play and charge the Switch. I'm gonna buy one with over 3A on its outputs.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By DinosaurCanada

No, I don't like or feel comfortable playing games in public. I love my 3DS but I'd never take it out anywhere.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Only when going on like long trips and in case I will be spending long time on a bus/plane, but then I usually just bring a book anyway.

I have had most handheld systems over the years and like 99% of my playtime has been on my bed. So no, not really.

MrBGone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrBGone

Trips, hiking, etc. Actually plan on taking the long train trip to my favourite library tomorrow while switching away

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hell no.

I don't even take my Vita or 3DS out in the world.

Lv4Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fear for theft of electronics, don't even bring my 3ds to that many places. I don't like to bring what I'm not prepared to lose, which usually means I lug a PSP or DS with me if I really wanna pass the time.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Dan_CiTi

I mean I'll have to get food at some point while playing Zelda so yeah once in a while, but not any place where I wouldn't bring my laptop.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I see myself using this primarily as a handheld, which means I'll be lugging it to work and on train journeys. Case is a number 1 priority for me.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By MezZa

Yes. Work, campus, and to friends houses mainly. I don't do any commuting or anything like that so I won't have to think about taking it on buses, trains, or airplanes.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

#10  Edited By L33T_HAXOR

I doubt it... Well, maybe for a plane trip.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.