Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo Switch

Platform »

Nintendo's home console that can be turned into a portable device by removing it from its TV-dock. Launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.

Your most wanted Nintendo's 1st party IP to return?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Hello

My most wanted Nintendo's 1st party IP to return is F-Zero.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Give me another Cubivore! I need my cubes to enter the love tunnel once more!

ollieg_94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I’d love another Mario Strikers football game. Played so much of the Wii one.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By judaspete

I'd like to see a new 1080, Excite Truck, Geist, ARMS, or Mach Rider.

But really the answer is F-Zero.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

1080, F-Zero and that elusive new Metroid Prime (or shiny versions of the old ones) would be pretty high on my list.

badseed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By badseed

I would be very happy with really good new 2d Mario, Zelda and Metroid games.

But what I really want is Duck Hunt 2

Oh and new WarioWare and Rhythm Heaven games

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2d mario that isn't hideous like the "new" games, F-zero, and I would have said mario golf but we got that one babyyyy! ⛳

Alias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Alias

@ollieg_94: Yeah I was playing that Mario Olympics game (it has a football mode) and was like I really would want them to make a new Mario Strikers game (instead we got golf lol)

I'd also be down for a new Waverace or Wario (platformer) game

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Technically second party I think, but my answer can only be Golden Sun.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Skimming through the latest Nintendo Direct hammered home yet again that Nintendo isn't for me anymore. I mean, I don't think I ever would have called myself a Nintendo fan, but I have enjoyed Mario and Zelda games in the past and the Metroid franchise houses some of my favorite games of all time. So these "Nintendo wishlist" type things are what a Nintendo of twenty years ago might have done, but not current day Nintendo. They're more concerned with Splatoon and Smash Bros.

With that said, I'd like to see all of the 3D Zeldas wrapped up in one nice package (Ocarina, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword) so I can play them all on Switch. I'd like to give Ocarina another shot, I'd like to see for myself what makes Majora's Mask such a cult classic, I'd like to replay Wind Waker, actually finish Twilight Princess, and... maybe spend more time not playing Skyward Sword because I don't like Wii waggle mechanics. I suppose I could get this working on my Wii U, but that is the clunkiest console I have ever owned. You've got a big-ass tablet controller, a pro controller with a weird analog stick placement, a sensor bar to place, and it's not something I play often enough to keep plugged in.

Such a collection for 2D Zeldas would be nice, too. Sure would be nice to play A Link Between Worlds on the big screen!

At least Zelda fans are getting a new game at some point, though, as Breath of the Wild 2 is supposedly in development. Metroid Prime 4 appears to be in development hell and the previous three games don't seem to be up for remasters at all. I'd buy a collection of those first three games in a heartbeat, especially if they re-did the controls such that they play like modern shooters, and especially if they did that to the third game so I can avoid the Wii waggle mechanics.

Speaking of avoiding Wii waggle mechanics, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 on Switch would be nice! 1 got ported to Switch in that 3D All-Stars collection, which seems to be... not great. And 2 isn't available there either.

I would also appreciate new releases in all of these franchises, but this is where I return to what I said in my first paragraph - I'm not into Splatoon, Smash Bros., Animal Crossing, Pokemon, or anything they've been choosing to highlight over the past few years. Square Enix is releasing an Octopath Traveler-themed tactics game at some point, Metroid Prime 4 may or may not exist, Bravely Default 2 might be pretty good, and Breath of the Wild 2 will probably come out but they don't talk about it much. There are good reasons for me to keep my Switch around, but like every Nintendo console since the Wii, there isn't often all that much to do on it.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justin258: Skyward Sword for Switch is not going to require motion controls. It's going to be very expensive, so you might not want it for that reason, but if motion controls are the issue they are not going to be required.

Also Mario Galaxy 1 on Switch is fine. I played through it recently. It's a great game, it holds up well, the Switch version is fine and even the motion controls are perfectly manageable on that (or you can use touch controls in handheld if you prefer.)

The 3D Allstars Collection is problematic for a bunch of reasons, but the Mario Galaxy emulation isn't bad at all.

Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
    lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it's technically happening, but Metroid Prime 4 can't come soon enough.

MoonlightMoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 15

Would really like a new Advance Wars, but I'm not holding out any hope these days.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@justin258: Skyward Sword for Switch is not going to require motion controls. It's going to be very expensive, so you might not want it for that reason, but if motion controls are the issue they are not going to be required.

Also Mario Galaxy 1 on Switch is fine. I played through it recently. It's a great game, it holds up well, the Switch version is fine and even the motion controls are perfectly manageable on that (or you can use touch controls in handheld if you prefer.)

The 3D Allstars Collection is problematic for a bunch of reasons, but the Mario Galaxy emulation isn't bad at all.

In the case of Skyward Sword, I don't know if I'm terribly interested in playing that one? I'd be way more interested in replaying Wind Waker or Twilight Princess. I might wind up getting it anyway.

I've been thinking more and more about getting the All-Stars Collection, but the problems surrounding it leave a bad taste in my mouth. From what I understand, it's very slapped together, only available for a year from launch, and physically only available in limited quantities - which sounds a lot like Nintendo just throwing something out there for their "old school" audience without really giving it the care and attention it deserves, at full price, and with some kind of artificial limited availability (at least physically). Can I avoid touch and motion controls altogether, though? I'm rather staunchly a fan of buttons and only buttons.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

F-Zero of course, but @judaspete mentioning Excite Truck reminded me of playing Excitebike 64 pretty consistently back in the day, so that one too.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

I'd love another Wave Race.

cubidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly Super Mario Party 2 with functional online multiplayer and bigger, unique boards would be a huge joy to me! Also a new Mario Strikers could be pretty amazing.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Wind Waker 2. Hell, just re-release Breath of the Wild with the Wind Waker artstyle and I'll pay a stupid amount of money for it.

permanentsigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By permanentsigh

Metroid.

noobsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F-Zero, Star Fox or Earthbound.

MechaShadow84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

1. Wave Race.

2. F-Zero.

RPJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Fox, Wave Race

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#23 sweep  Moderator

Star Fox or Wind Waker 2 would definitely be favourites, but after how much fun I had playing Animal Crossing last year I'd love to see what Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life would look like in 2021.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Miitomo. I miss that nutshow so so much.

Girafro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punch Out

Mother

F Zero

Pokemon Stadium

Just to name a few...

warpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By warpr

2d mario that isn't hideous like the "new" games, F-zero, and I would have said mario golf but we got that one babyyyy! ⛳

My first Nintendo console was an N64, so never played those early mario games when they came out originally.. and I find them hard to go back to.

So I think Nintendo should remake 1, lost levels and 3 in the Super Mario Maker engine. But I'd definitely take a a new game with SMB1, 3 or world graphics as well.

bobdude1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punch-out

AnchorsAhoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The F-Zero game Vinny described on the recent Beastcast isn't that far off from right...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.