Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo

Company »

Nintendo was founded in Kyoto, Japan in 1889 as a manufacturer of hanafuda playing cards. The company went through several small niche businesses before becoming a video game company.

E3 2009 - Nintendo Press Conference Discussion

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#451  Edited By Meowayne

There was one mention of DSi-ware. They are bringing a DS version of some popular animation software to DSiware. Looked pretty neat, if you ask me. But no games. Then they mentioned Spirit Tracks, but that's all there was to the DSi.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#452  Edited By kush
    @Meowayne: That's completely and utterly stupid, but I guess they have no reason to mention anything...people are buying the DSi just because it's new and "purrrty". I am really interested in picking up a DSi, but only if I see some cool news on DSiWare and a possible DS-VC...why else would I even be interested in the system when I can get everything else already on my DS Lite. That press conference was terrible...Ever since the Wii came out and became a runaway success, Nintendo kind of makes me sick...go ahead and hate me fanboys, but Nintendo disgusts me right now.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#453  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Meowayne said:
    " There was one mention of DSi-ware. They are bringing a DS version of some popular animation software to DSiware. Looked pretty neat, if you ask me. But no games. Then they mentioned Spirit Tracks, but that's all there was to the DSi. "

Mario Vs Donkey Kong 3 was announced, and is exclusive to DSi Ware. It's out this Monday.  The awesome Mighty Flip Champs by WayForward came out this past Monday.

Moving Memo V2 was announced for the summer, but no exact date was given. It will undergo a name change for the West, cannot remember what they called it, so I guess it must be a crap name.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454  Edited By Meowayne

It surprised me as well, actually, them not promoting the DSi.

And nobody hates you if you think what Nintendo makes is very painful. I think so too. I guess al3x thinks so too. What Nintendo does has absolutely nothing to do with me, and it certainly is a little sad to see them make so much more money with the inidifferent new gamer crowd. Nintendo has certainly become a whore.

It's when what Nintendo does makes you ignore all the great stuff that has been happening on the console as of late and what is announced, that you get the rants from us. There are now over 40 announced high-profile Wii games, maybe 2 of which you might call "casual". Yes, Nintendo has recklessly sold their soul after the gamecube wasn't that much of a success. It's a little annoying, but it shouldn't really bother people so much.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455  Edited By Meowayne

Oh wait. I seem to have forgotten about Mario vs. Donkey Kong 3. And now that I think of it, that new Wario Ware game, was that DSiware?

They announced a new WarioWare, one where you can drawn, animate and create your own microgames from scratch, I thought that was actually extremely cool.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Meowayne said:
    " Oh wait. I seem to have forgotten about Mario vs. Donkey Kong 3. And now that I think of it, that new Wario Ware game, was that DSiware?They announced a new WarioWare, one where you can drawn, animate and create your own microgames from scratch, I thought that was actually extremely cool. "

I just bumped a thread I created two months ago about it.  Wario Ware: Made In Ore / Wario Ware: DIY

The cart based game is a "DSI Enhanced" game, meaning it has features that are not accessible on the Lite. I reckon you will be able to take pics/frames of yourself and then animate them into games. Should be fun :)

I should point out the are three huge DSI Enhanced games on the horizon, this game, Kingdom Hearts DS and Phantasy Star DS.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#457  Edited By AgentJ
    @Linkyshinks said:
    "
    @Meowayne said:
    " Oh wait. I seem to have forgotten about Mario vs. Donkey Kong 3. And now that I think of it, that new Wario Ware game, was that DSiware?They announced a new WarioWare, one where you can drawn, animate and create your own microgames from scratch, I thought that was actually extremely cool. "

I just bumped a thread I created two months ago about it.  Wario Ware: Made In Ore / Wario Ware: DIYThe cart based game is a "DSI Enhanced" game, meaning it has features that are not accessible on the Lite. I reckon you will be able to take pics/frames of yourself and then animate them into games. Should be fun :)I should point out the are three huge DSI Enhanced games on the horizon, this game, Kingdom Hearts DS and Phantasy Star DS. "
    Yeah, i apoligize for missing that earlier. Im adding it to the definitive quality ds list as we speak
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#458  Edited By Willy105
    @Kush said:
    " Can anyone explain to me why SMG2 is a 2010 game? Seriously...it doesn't seem to be that different from the first and the first game came out in 2007. They have already had plenty of time to work on it and that video looked like the game was pretty far along...I just don't understand the reasoning behind a 2010 release. I also find it funny that Spring has become the new Fall and so many huge games are deciding to release in the Spring as opposed to the Fall nowadays. Also...WTF is with this Wii Vitality Sensor crap? Seriously! "
    If Miyamoto finds a pixel that is not to his satisfaction, he delays it until it satisfies him. It's what makes his games great, and late.

Nobody knows what the Vitality Sensor does. It's a mystery.
    @99X said:
    "

I'm sorry, but by the time they finally showed off some of the more 'core" games, over an hour had passed. That's a long time of casual and "blue sky" type of announcements. There was a good 45 minutes of absolute silence from the audience. That should give you a clue. 

The franchises their showing off aren't that innovative or exciting. "New" super mario bros. wii is just the same game on the DS I already played and the original I already played. Metroid looked pretty cool - and some of the DS titles looked interesting. 

Nintendo didn't bring the WOW factor or pace the conference correctly. It was quiet, hardly any audience excitement, Everyone presenting felt like robots reciting scripts. No one on the team seemed too excited about what was coming. Go watch 2006 or 2007's press conference and you'll see a huge difference. 

"
    Forget 2007. E3 2006 was mind blowing. Not only because of what they showed, but HOW they showed it.

When it began, Miyamoto walked to the stage in a tux and performed the Zelda theme using Wii Music with the Wiimote as his wand! It was AMAZING. 

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#459  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

I'm sleeping on Nintendo this year again... still see no reason to own a Wii

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460  Edited By Meowayne
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    " I'm sleeping on Nintendo this year again... still see no reason to own a Wii "
    Guess what: 40 announced games.
    Aska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461  Edited By Aska

When Reggie said:

"Before we get off of RPG's, I want to show you one more that has been sleeping for awhile now..."

Did anyone else, even for only those few seconds between that statement and the GSDS trailer, get super excited that it might be an Earthbound/MOTHER announcement?  I set myself up for major disappointment.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#462  Edited By Willy105
    @Aska said:
    " When Reggie said:"Before we get off of RPG's, I want to show you one more that has been sleeping for awhile now..."Did anyone else, even for only those few seconds between that statement and the GSDS trailer, get super excited that it might be an Earthbound/MOTHER announcement?  I set myself up for major disappointment. "
    Golden Sun's following is about the same size as Earthbound's is. Although because the Earthbound one is about twice as old, they are louder.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463  Edited By AgentJ
    @Aska said:
    " When Reggie said:"Before we get off of RPG's, I want to show you one more that has been sleeping for awhile now..."Did anyone else, even for only those few seconds between that statement and the GSDS trailer, get super excited that it might be an Earthbound/MOTHER announcement?  I set myself up for major disappointment. "
    I didnt even think about Mother. Considering he said that it had been sleeping for 6 years that wouldn't have made much sense anyway. I didnt really expect anything until he actually said the words. 
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#464  Edited By Diamond

I actually thought Dragon Quest when he first said that.

Aska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465  Edited By Aska
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    @Aska said:
    I didnt even think about Mother. Considering he said that it had been sleeping for 6 years that wouldn't have made much sense anyway. I didnt really expect anything until he actually said the words. 
    "
    I don't think he said a specific amount of time, did he?
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466  Edited By AgentJ
    @Aska said:
    "
    @AgentJ said:
    "
    @Aska said:
    "
    I don't think he said a specific amount of time, did he? "
    Yeah, he said something about a six year absence. After he said "Golden Sun" i realized what he meant by it, and it had in fact been 6 years
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467  Edited By Meowayne

Even though I never played mother and wouldn't be excited for it, I actually thought "mother/earthbound" for a moment when Reggie said that, because he recently talked about how he liked the game but that it was not his decision to release anything.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468  Edited By KamasamaK
    @Diamond said:
    "I actually thought Dragon Quest when he first said that. "
    Me too. I'm more excited for Golden Sun, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.