Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo

Company »

Nintendo was founded in Kyoto, Japan in 1889 as a manufacturer of hanafuda playing cards. The company went through several small niche businesses before becoming a video game company.

E3 2009 - Nintendo Press Conference Discussion

Spiritof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 27

#401  Edited By Spiritof

The only thing that would have sent me over the moon is if Metroid were being developed by Itagaki's new team and not current Team Ninja. Team Ninja has a hollow sound to it now that the team I associate with it has collapsed.

altdimension

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#402  Edited By altdimension
    @LethalKi11ler said:
     I'm going to base my purchase of a PS3 on how good their conference is and on how good the games are going to be. 
    Going to be doing the exact same thing
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#403  Edited By AgentJ
    @Merx said:
    "
    @get2sammyb said:
    " Super Mario Galaxy 2 and new Metroid are absolute 100% total WINS from me. Rest of the conference is irrelevant. They are ALL I needed. "
    All you needed was 2 games for an entire system? We have a spy amongst us!Anyway, the DS stuff was cool, some of it anyway. I like the story driven stuff on the DS so thats cool. But damn, the Wii.What a sorry state that is in. Unless you are intending on buying ALL of the following:MetroidMario Galaxy 2Dead SpaceResident EvilConduityou are only gonna have 5 games to give a shit about this year. Wait no, 4, cus metroid is next year. And if you dont like Mario, thats 3. So what Nintendo have provided to the hardcore faitful are shooters, something which I wouldnt really make a scene about, since arnt Nintendo fanboys against shooters?I have a Wii, not at mine, but will do probably within the next 6 months (my grandma will probably give me hers since she dosnt play it anymore, theres only so much bowling she can take) and I think I will just sell it, or get a few games for when I have a girl round who dosnt normally play games. "
    There are actually a bunch of games not shown at Nintendos conference that should be quality for the Wii. Example: Sin and Punishment 2, Red Steel 2, No More Heroes 2, Monster Hunter 3, Tales of Graces, Fragile, Arc Rise Fantasia, and Muramasa. I wish they would have shown off more of these games. They tend to do that at TGS though...
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#404  Edited By Vinchenzo

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Choo.
    Kankaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#405  Edited By Kankaku

So much for Nintendo

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#406  Edited By zitosilva

Well, that was rather disappointing. Some good announcements, of course. But as a conference, it was weak.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407  Edited By tekmojo

2 minutes for Sony

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#408  Edited By Meowayne
    BD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#409  Edited By BD

I was really hoping for a new Zelda for the Wii.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#410  Edited By Luke
    @AgentJ said:
    There are actually a bunch of games not shown at Nintendos conference that should be quality for the Wii. Example: Sin and Punishment 2, Red Steel 2, No More Heroes 2, Monster Hunter 3, Tales of Graces, Fragile, Arc Rise Fantasia, and Muramasa. I wish they would have shown off more of these games. They tend to do that at TGS though... "
    All these games would have been amazing to show new vids of!!!  Especially some Fragile in English :p  Why does Nintendo refuse to show the gewd stuffs?! 

New Super Mario Bros. Wii may be kinda kewl though, to play with the GF.  Other than that, I guess i coulda just watched like the last 10 minutes of the Nintendo Conference...
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#411  Edited By citizenkane

Sorry that I couldn't link to the individual game forums during the press conference.  I have all the ones I could find linked, so please keep the discussion of individual games in their own respective forums.

Kr3lian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#412  Edited By Kr3lian

It was 50% casual, 50% hardcore. Am I the only person that loved Nintendo's conference?  (despite the pulse reader silliness)

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413  Edited By Milkman

Nintendo was pretty good. An okay amount of games of games to care about and an okay amount of games to not care about. Nowhere near the quality of Microsoft but that's a tough act to follow. Huge improvement over last year. I'm officially stoked for Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414  Edited By Endogene

FUCK YEAHHH yeesssss A new golden sun !!!! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME. I knew there where going to be surprises during the Nintendo conference but i did not see that one coming at all.

I have tears in my eyes from the trailer for the new Metroid game, so looking forward to it.

God what an awesome conference, only surprises, I am really curious what else is going it pop up during E3.

Yoshi!!!

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#415  Edited By kush

I just have to say that this was one of the worst press conferences I've ever seen...that was wack!

Laughlin_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416  Edited By Laughlin_12

Golden Sun 3 and Galaxy 2 looked good. Not so sure about Metroid though.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#417  Edited By ZenaxPure

The metroid game looks different than typical Metroid stuff, I have to say I am really interested. Super mario galaxy 2 - I don't really get super excited about Mario games. They are fun but not my favorite.

Golden Sun DS however... I think I soiled myself I am so excited. Overall conference was pretty exciting actually I am happy.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#418  Edited By RHCPfan24

I missed the conference. So, no new Pikmin? Damn.

Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#419  Edited By Bartman3010

I'm sure I'm not the only person to note Cammie's comment after playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii. About how she would rather stick to selling the games rather
    than playing them? I thought Nintendo was aiming at people who dont play games to try and pique their interest in playing them. Pretty bad if you have a higher up
    talking about not wanting to play video games.

Might want to watch what you say, Cammie.

BloodRavyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420  Edited By BloodRavyne
    @tekmojo: HURR DURR I PLAY ONLY MATURE GAMES FOR MATURE PEOPLE LIKE ME HERP DERP. Fuck off.
    tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421  Edited By tekmojo
    @BloodRavyne:

Nice lol.
    BODDAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422  Edited By BODDAH

Any good online multiplayer games announced? Too lazy to watch the keynote / read.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423  Edited By Systech

Honestly, we don't need that much Mario! Where the hell was Zelda and Pikmin and why do we need another Metroid game already?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @BODDAH said:
    " Any good online multiplayer games announced? Too lazy to watch the keynote / read. "

(New?) Super Mario Bros Wii - 4 player
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425  Edited By Meowayne

The New Super Mario Bros. is 4-player.  The rest of multiplayer games we already knew of: Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Conduit, Grinder, Gladiator A.D.,  Sports Resort,  NFS Nitro, Darkside Chronicles, dead Space, Monster Hunter 3, Let's Tap.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426  Edited By Al3xand3r
    @Bartman3010 said:
    " I'm sure I'm not the only person to note Cammie's comment after playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii. About how she would rather stick to selling the games rather than playing them? I thought Nintendo was aiming at people who dont play games to try and pique their interest in playing them. Pretty bad if you have a higher up talking about not wanting to play video games. Might want to watch what you say, Cammie. "
    She didn't say she'd rather sells them than play them. She sucked at it so she said you can see why she sells them rather than design them. Wtf how much can you spin someone's statements?
    TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#427  Edited By TheKidNixon
    Interesting read from Jeremy Parish on the Nintendo conference. I have to agree with him; between announcing a new major Mario game, with Pikmin in the wings and a totally unexpected Metroid revival (plus another secret Retro games project in the wings,) not sure what else people were really expecting. I mean, other than Zelda, which obviously just isn't ready to be shown yet.
    ResplendentElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428  Edited By ResplendentElk
    sorry but this was the biggest flop in a long time,what a horrid conference,this whole console is a let down,and thats hard for me to admit being the big ninty fan i am
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429  Edited By Meowayne

Elk, the conference was in no way representative of library and game announcements. Read the threads.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#430  Edited By Snail

Dumbest press conference I have ever seen live.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#431  Edited By turboman

Damnit, Ninty's conference and line-up is so damn dull it's unbareable

I thought this company was innovative, lets see something new
    ResplendentElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432  Edited By ResplendentElk
    @Snail:
    @Meowayne said:
    " Elk, the conference was in no way representative of library and game announcements. Read the threads. "
    ive looked but nintendo has perpetualy let me down....im aware of high voltage,of cursed mountain,silent hill etc. its nintendo itself that im disgusted with.
    ResplendentElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433  Edited By ResplendentElk
    @TurboMan: exactly most of the bloggers and commentators have been ripping ninty a new one and rightfully so. but i guess they are all crybaby whining unrealistic tools as well.....
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434  Edited By AgentJ
    @ResplendentElk said:
    " @TurboMan: exactly most of the bloggers and commentators have been ripping ninty a new one and rightfully so. but i guess they are all crybaby whining unrealistic tools as well..... "
    If they hadn't shown off metroid and golden sun and already had Sin and Punishment and Pokemon Gold/Silver in the pipeline i would agree with you and them. However they did and do, so i have no problems with them.
    GOLDEN FUCKING SUN!!!!
    TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435  Edited By TheAdmin

I'm sorry, but by the time they finally showed off some of the more 'core" games, over an hour had passed. That's a long time of casual and "blue sky" type of announcements. There was a good 45 minutes of absolute silence from the audience. That should give you a clue. 

The franchises their showing off aren't that innovative or exciting. "New" super mario bros. wii is just the same game on the DS I already played and the original I already played. Metroid looked pretty cool - and some of the DS titles looked interesting. 

Nintendo didn't bring the WOW factor or pace the conference correctly. It was quiet, hardly any audience excitement, Everyone presenting felt like robots reciting scripts. No one on the team seemed too excited about what was coming. Go watch 2006 or 2007's press conference and you'll see a huge difference. 

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#436  Edited By Claude

I'm happy. I get my Wii Motion Plus with Tiger Woods next week. I can't wait to get my hands on it. Fore! 

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#437  Edited By turboman
    @AgentJ:
    Metroid looked kinda cool I guess... but Team Ninja is boring

who cares about gold sun?
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438  Edited By AgentJ
    @TurboMan said:
    " @AgentJ:
    Metroid looked kinda cool I guess... but Team Ninja is boring

who cares about gold sun?
    "
    I fucking care about Golden Sun. I've been waiting 6 years for it. When Reggie finally said the name i yelled like the n64 kid. 
    jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#439  Edited By jNerd

I'm watching the Nintendo Press Conference (because I missed it this morning) & this shit is fucking PAINFUL to watch. I'm 27 of 73 minutes in.
    EDIT: I think I just heard the white guy plaing basketball with Reggie say dammit, no biggy but funny nonetheless.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440  Edited By zityz

the funny thing is team ninja is making a game where the female character doesnt have a jiggly DD chest. THAT in itself is a feat. I got what I wanted out of nintendo. a Decent Metriod game, MarioGalaxy 2 and Golden sun.

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441  Edited By jNerd

I'm still watching & this isn't getting any better........

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442  Edited By AgentJ
    @jNerd said:
    " I'm still watching & this isn't getting any better........ "
    It isnt any good save for the Golden Sun and Metroid announcements, so dont bother
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443  Edited By AgentJ
    @zityz said:
    " the funny thing is team ninja is making a game where the female character doesnt have a jiggly DD chest. THAT in itself is a feat. I got what I wanted out of nintendo. a Decent Metriod game, MarioGalaxy 2 and Golden sun. "
    That was the only thing Itagaki brought to the table. Jubbilies. now that he's gone, the rest of the team can make the same great games they are known for without bowing to his perverted, awesome whims
    Bartman3010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#444  Edited By Bartman3010
    @Al3xand3r said:
    I'm sure I'm not the only person to note Cammie's comment after playing New Super Mario Bros. Wii. About how she would rather stick to selling the games rather than playing them? I thought Nintendo was aiming at people who dont play games to try and pique their interest in playing them. Pretty bad if you have a higher up talking about not wanting to play video games. Might want to watch what you say, Cammie. She didn't say she'd rather sells them than play them. She sucked at it so she said you can see why she sells them rather than design them. Wtf how much can you spin someone's statements? "
     Actually, I realized I mis-remembered what she said. She said "Rather sells them than make them." Its still a really...bad comment.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#445  Edited By Dalai

Finally finished watching it and I've got 3 new games that I want compared to 2 from Microsoft's thing.  But hey, I'm not your typical gamer I guess.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii looks like hella old-school fun with co-op, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is great even though we got our fill of Mario by that point, and Metroid: Other M... holy shit, dude.  That's a Metroid game?  Surprise of the year for me so far.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446  Edited By kush

Can anyone explain to me why SMG2 is a 2010 game? Seriously...it doesn't seem to be that different from the first and the first game came out in 2007. They have already had plenty of time to work on it and that video looked like the game was pretty far along...I just don't understand the reasoning behind a 2010 release. I also find it funny that Spring has become the new Fall and so many huge games are deciding to release in the Spring as opposed to the Fall nowadays.

Also...WTF is with this Wii Vitality Sensor crap? Seriously!

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447  Edited By AgentJ
    @Kush said:
    " Can anyone explain to me why SMG2 is a 2010 game? Seriously...it doesn't seem to be that different from the first and the first game came out in 2007. They have already had plenty of time to work on it and that video looked like the game was pretty far along...I just don't understand the reasoning behind a 2010 release. I also find it funny that Spring has become the new Fall and so many huge games are deciding to release in the Spring as opposed to the Fall nowadays. Also...WTF is with this Wii Vitality Sensor crap? Seriously! "
    Miyamoto said it was so that it wouldnt have to compete with New Super Mario Brothers

I dont know wtf is up with the vitality sensor, 
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448  Edited By kush

If he really doesn't want to compete with New Super Mario Brothers Wii....then he should probably release SMG2 in 2011, or 2012...people are still buying NSMB and Mario Kart DS and those games are old as hell, but since Nintendo chooses to not bring out any sequels people just keep on buying those games. It's genius!

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449  Edited By WickedCobra03
    @Kush said:
    " If he really doesn't want to compete with New Super Mario Brothers Wii....then he should probably release SMG2 in 2011, or 2012...people are still buying NSMB and Mario Kart DS and those games are old as hell, but since Nintendo chooses to not bring out any sequels people just keep on buying those games. It's genius! "
    I mean I think that the whole thing with that is ... people who pick it up or parents who pick it up probably go to the classics or things they have heard from the other room while their kids played or what they heard from other parents...ect and so they still sell!
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#450  Edited By kush

I didn't see the whole show, but was there any mention of DSiWare? ...or the possibility of a VC for DSi? That's really all I cared about hearing from Nintendo at E3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.