Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo

Company »

Nintendo was founded in Kyoto, Japan in 1889 as a manufacturer of hanafuda playing cards. The company went through several small niche businesses before becoming a video game company.

Next Generation handheld speculation thread

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is there any news regarding on the successors for 3ds? I can't find any news, not even the specs. How powerful do you think the successor for 3ds is going to be? I can't imagine the hardware being incredibly expensive like 250$-300$ dollars or else nobody will buy it. If I had to take a guess, it might be as powerful as the PlayStation vita for the price of 170$ dollars. It might have the polygon output on par with the Nintendo Wii. The successor will have shades which will make the games likes aesthetically pleasing. It might be a portable Nintendo Wii.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I think many are watching to see if Nintendo actually does combine its console and handheld into one unit. You could see that four ways:

1. They are killing their console to just have a hybrid
    2. They are killing their handheld to just have a hybrid
    3. They are killing neither and embracing both for the win
    4. They are screwed, this HARDWARE will fail to be either
    moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thoughts?

AngryHobo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is currently no solid news. The main speculation at the moment is that the NX, as the prototype is being called, may be a console and handheld hybrid. People are expecting at an announcement this summer at E3.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i feel if it will be a hybrid console worth a damn as both a home and a portable system that it's going to be prohibitively expensive. Or maybe they will keep it roughly Wii U powered as their games (especially being Nintendo games) still look more or less phenomenal. I honestly think people dreaming for it to be more powerful (or orders of magnitude more powerful) than the PS4/Xbone are in for a harsh wakeup call. I'm still personally hyped, and I'll probably be OK if it is underpowered as long as the games are fantastic and generally look nice.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I will be very disappointed if Nintendo decides to ditch dedicated handhelds.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dam, I wish somebody would leak the developers kit that were sent out.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By moywar700

If I had to guess how good is the new hand held going to be, it'll probably have a polygon output of 40 million. It's a huge leap from the 3ds at 15 million. It's step up from Vita from 30 million. I cannot imagine the new handheld is going to be all too different from Vita's graphics intuitively thinking what the price is going to be 170$. The new portable will be able to play 7th generation games like Call of Duty 4 or Wii's Zelda twilight princess.

What will be different from the 3ds is that the new portable will have huge open worlds that has not been done before in handheld gaming. This is what I foresee in the next handheld gaming.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By moywar700

So anyways, I suspect the new handheld will be able to play 7th generation gaming. I saw ps vita and ps3 comparison on youtube. It appears ps vita was able to play ps3 games though it had to do some compromise. I suspect the new handheld will be a step above PS Vita and will be able to play 7th generation games with watering down the graphics.

The new handheld will start to face the same problems 8th generation gaming face. The negative effects of 8th generation gaming is that developers start to port ps3 and xbox 360 games onto ps4 and xbox one instead of making new games. I suspect half the games at launch date for the new handheld will be ports of of 7th generation games.

I hope developers won't just see the new handheld as a place to dump their 7th generation games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.