Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo

Company »

Nintendo was founded in Kyoto, Japan in 1889 as a manufacturer of hanafuda playing cards. The company went through several small niche businesses before becoming a video game company.

Nintendo Stock Drops 20% and One Man Loses $300 Million [UPDATED]

• 157 results
    jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By jayjonesjunior
    @GoldenGlove said:
    He lost $500 million but he gained the knowledge that true wealth is friendship.
    I'm selling my friends, if you are interested.
    awadnin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By awadnin
    @stufff said:
    Pretty sure this is also the guy responsible for the feud with Square-Enix during the N64 era
    You mean "SquareSoft"
    MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#153  Edited By MeatSim

The guy still has a couple of billion so he should be fine for a little bit.

copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#154  Edited By copycatzen

Money lost because of stocks going down? If that same money was made out of the stock market, I say that lost is meaningless.

Zeitgeist predictions hitting video games. No!!!!

Frumpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Frumpa

@GoldenGlove said:

He lost $500 million but he gained the knowledge that true wealth is friendship.

You sir just made my day :)

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#156  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

And then Nintendo realized they hadn't really made a worthwhile franchise in an era. Maybe if they stopped trying to ride the coat tails of those that came before them at the company and made genuinely good and unique game, or hell, GAMES AT ALL (I'm looking at you 3DS!), they wouldn't be in this mess. They are passing the Capcom level of stupid pretty quickly. Lets hope that Nintendo manages to stabilize (relatively speaking) like Capcom did.

bransonhuggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By bransonhuggins

Well seriously, they could only go for so long before they dropped.  Yeah, they have the casual gamer, but that only last so long.  The casual gamer is good for an occasional boost, but not in the long run.  Nintendo needs to get back to making solid, good games, not just shovel ware.  The Wii was a joke, that has quickly faded away for the most part.  It was a gimmick, just like the 3DS.  Do they make good stuff?  Sure, but they were never going to survive by continuing to put out stuff like that.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#158  Edited By mariokart64fan

as a frustrated ex gamespot member i have this to say, why nintendo why did you do this , one can only ask ,  

at least i got my wii lol  5 of them and i wont be gettin this if it ever comes here no way nintendo wiiu please

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#159  Edited By mariokart64fan

the 3ds is already out selling everything else world wide , so this article is old

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.