Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nintendo

Company »

Nintendo was founded in Kyoto, Japan in 1889 as a manufacturer of hanafuda playing cards. The company went through several small niche businesses before becoming a video game company.

Wall Street Journal Reports That Nintendo Has Started Sending out NX Development Kits

• 98 results
    Avatar image for blobbypantsjones
    BlobbyPantsJones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There are a few things that, when taken together suggest to me that we'll see a machine that at best will hit parity with XBO/PS4.

1) Nintendo have already stated they think the Wii U was too costly to purchase and Nintendo's own history suggests they like the US$250 price point

2) Nintendo need to remain profitable after struggling to get back there this last couple of years

3) Nintendo don't really care about specs per se. So long as the machine does what they need it to do.

4) Nintendo have been building partnerships, primarily with Japanese developers. They know their Western third party ship has well and truly sailed.

5) They have, and will continue to branch out with their IPs into other areas like toys, theme parks etc

So in 2016 they should be able to match a 2013 console's power at a reasonably cost.

Hezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By Hezza

I haven't bought a Wii U but my expectations are high for this one, hopefully it meets them!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.