Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nioh

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Feb 07, 2017

A historical action game loosely based on the story of English samurai William Adams, as he helps slay the yokai that infest Sengoku-era Japan while hunting down a malicious alchemist.

Warning for anyone who has more than one character save!

Nightcrawlah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nightcrawlah
    Matticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yikes. Thanks for the heads up. I was about to start a second character tonight.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that sucks, games need manual saves especially games that encourage multiple playthroughs.

Boss_Kowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

And this is why I back up my saves after every play session.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can have more than one character save?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Ontopic: That's shitty.

Offtopic: I found there isn't a lot of reason to have more than one character for this game. Unlike other Souls games where things like the rare titanite upgrade materials are more finite, as are respec items, creating several builds for your one character doesn't seem hampering in any sort of way in Nioh. Additionally, there is no character creation so it's not even like you can roleplay your characters.

Which I personally find a little disappointing, but I can also see the appeal of not having to start a new character if you want to play differently.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: If you've not finished the game yet there's a post game similar to Diablos. There's no stat softcaps and new content unlocks like new upgrade paths for certain things and new optimal types of gear become available for drops. It seems they don't intend for rerolls of characters but just to play post game and really minmax the numbers you've got so you can obliterate bosses with very little effort whatsoever.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivdamke: Yeah, I gathered as much from the presence of daily's. I still have two missions to go. I'll probably keep playing a bit after I finished it, but not as much as I would a Dark Souls.

Nightcrawlah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion: I agree. The game doesn't really encourage multiple character saves. It just sucks when more than one person in the household is playing and something like this happens.

Matticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Matticus

I agree that this game doesn't encourage or necessitate multiple characters as much, but it's still a nice option to have. One benefit I saw was for coop. I thought it would be fun to have different builds for playing with friends without having to reroll and build multiple gear sets on one character. There's also something to be said for playing through the game with a different build as opposed to rerolling into a build late game. Very different experiences. I still agree with what's being said though, and appreciate they went that direction. Hope they fix the glitch soon.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion said:

Ontopic: That's shitty.

Offtopic: I found there isn't a lot of reason to have more than one character for this game. Unlike other Souls games where things like the rare titanite upgrade materials are more finite, as are respec items, creating several builds for your one character doesn't seem hampering in any sort of way in Nioh. Additionally, there is no character creation so it's not even like you can roleplay your characters.

Which I personally find a little disappointing, but I can also see the appeal of not having to start a new character if you want to play differently.

Well from what i've read there is something called "Divine" armor that is a tier above the rest of the stuff(not sure about weapons) and only accessible in new game +. As far as role playign goes you could use the tea shop to change your appearance to another character and maybe skip the cutscenes , although that is probably not ideal but it's something.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
    deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can't pull the PS+ save off of the cloud?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sammo21 said:

@zevvion: roleplaying a souls game? lol

You mean what literally everybody does that still plays those games and completely fits within the world they have build, probably moreso than any other game ever made? Yes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.