Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nioh

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Feb 07, 2017

A historical action game loosely based on the story of English samurai William Adams, as he helps slay the yokai that infest Sengoku-era Japan while hunting down a malicious alchemist.

What is your go to weapon?

jamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Poll What is your go to weapon? (102 votes)

Sword 35%
    Spear 19%
    Dual Swords 14%
    Axe 12%
    Kusarigama (sickle & chain) 21%
     • 
    mclakers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

1. Kusarigama

2. Dual swords

Great game!!

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ivdamke
    jamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jamin

@ivdamke: It's easier to read then that forum. Also they have a decent number of people not realy responding to the question.

jszyarto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

For me it's the sickle and chain and the spear I feel as though it really lets me keep a good distance from the enemy with the ability to do chop damage and heavy attacks.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Dual Swords. Stagger all the things, faster than anyone, high damage combo's and Ki for days. Days!

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

All axe all the time, I literally have no time spend with any other weapon and I'm approaching the last area. The low attack is plenty fast enough for dealing with faster/weaker enemies, or getting in pot shots on the larger ones. The double swing of the high stance strong attack deals so much fucking damage to both health and ki, I switch and use that when I get solid openings after an enemy barrage or if I get behind them. Been mostly focusing on Ki reduction, damage, and break for my weapon rarity abilities.

Matticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Matticus

Kusarigama because I'm a ninja. Full Iga set with bat guardian is pretty awesome. I also joined Clan Kobayakawa and transformed into Hanzo for good measure. Go ninja go ninja go!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fredchuckdave
    No Caption Provided

Found/upgraded this today, had been using the same sword since beating the game. I use the Spear for when I need reach, more reliable than the Kusari-gama; also has cheese if I ever feel the need.

Dual Swords are fun, Kusarigama is rad, Axe kind of sucks even if you play it the most facerolley way; Katana obliterates everything on the damage front and it's not even close. You do need to have good positional awareness though.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@fredchuckdave: Is A+ the highest you can get on the 'change to attack' stat, or is there a S(+)? Highest I've found so far is B-.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@zevvion: I believe highest is A and it becomes A+ over the course of the growth of familiarity; however the Familiarity Damage Bonus on this specific weapon began at A- so there might be increments of A+ness as it were.

jamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matticus: Quick question I am trying to go ninja set myself but I feel I cannot get the timing right on the dodges so I always die with light armor. Did you always use light armor your whole playthrough?

Matticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Matticus

@jameboycolor: I'm almost done with Chapter 4, so not done yet, but yes I've gone light armor with A in Agility the whole time. It is tricky to get the timing down, but not impossible. A couple things make it easier. Having the aforementioned A in Agility (blue equip load which I think is under 30%) and either being in mid or low stance makes your dodges better. It's tempting to stay in high stance with kusarigama, but it's much more dangerous in light armor since you can't take the hits and blocking will destroy your ki. Hope that helps.

jamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jamin

@matticus: Omg thank you so much playing in low stance makes a huge difference I was doing mainly high stance before.

Matticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dual Katanas a firmly out of favour now. At least until I land one with a perk like elemental damage or something. One sword does more than enough.

Trollaxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Trollaxe

I've been using the unarmed style and doing okay so far

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

If a game gives me an option for dual swords, I'll use dual swords the entire game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.