Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nioh

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Feb 07, 2017

A historical action game loosely based on the story of English samurai William Adams, as he helps slay the yokai that infest Sengoku-era Japan while hunting down a malicious alchemist.

Yeah, really didn't like that demo.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sorry game, I guess I'm not "good enough" for you...

I'm ok at games. I beat Ninja Gaiden Black and DMC 2013 (on it's highest difficulty before it starts the one-hit-kill stuff) and played about 20 hours of Bloodborn before bailing for whatever reasons. I'm not great, but I can play a game.

Kinda fuck Nioh?

Why did you make me navigate your bad menu to equip the sword I already had? And not tell me how to do this?

Why did the second and fourth enemy in the demo kill me in one hit? Failing one hit, one combo?

Why are, when optionally spawned, those special enemies able to attack me before the visual filter has cleared entirely?

Why can they spam the shit out of attacks to twice or three times the number I can before getting tired?

The whole thing just struck me as a slightly messy dick showing by Team Ninja. "Our game is hard and you're fucking cool if your dick is big enough that it's your thing." And I like a good challenge, it just struck me as the exact definition of a "try-hard" and really turned me off to a game I was quite interested in.

Sorry for the rant.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Koei Tecmo : Hey, FromSoftware we can make a souls game too...err, durrr. We will hug it, squeeze it and hope it helps our bottom line.
    Koei Tecmo : Hey, FromSoftware we can make a souls game too...err, durrr. We will hug it, squeeze it and hope it helps our bottom line.

I just don't get the need for another 'mystical magic' pick up the essence/blood/soul game? What's the point?

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I disliked the game too, didn't like the movement and combat.

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt since this is still an alpha (so they say) build, so things could improve for the final game for sure.

So far i'm not impressed, though.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just couldn't get past the framerate, even on action. Maybe i'm getting too spoiled by PC games but the game looked like it should have been on ps3 and felt like it was. Otherwise i could definitely get used to the combat but the slight differences it has from souls games makes getting the timing and precision hard, especially while playing a souls game at the same time lol.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I finished the first area, and feel very mixed on it.

The one hit kills make it seem harder at first, but if you get a hold of the active reload system, lure enemies out 1 by 1, block, and let enemies tire themselves out, you'll do fine.

Pros

• Extending movesets with skill points.
    • The bow & arrow mechanics are very fun and easy to incorporate into melee. Wish Souls was this fluid.
    • Grounded attacks.
    • Heads flying off is cool.
    • Stances are interesting.
    • Stamina penalty is cool, especially since it applies to enemies.

Cons

• Framerate is so bad for such an ugly game.
    • Only 3 movesets??? Got boring quick.
    • Durability system was annoying especially when factoring in the horrible UI.
    • You can stun lock the boss of the first area.
    • You don't strafe when locked onto enemies.
    • Stances, while interesting, seem like something you can ignore. Just power stanced the whole demo.
    FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Don't play it as Souls game. Don't expose your back. Don't get mad. Use Ki Burst.
    That's what I did at least. I was super frustrated myself because I approached it as "another one of those" but it does feel quite different, it kinda clicked after a few hours.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The demo was a fantastic example of why these types of games shouldnt be shown off in any sort of early form. It very clearly had some balancing issues and almost all of my deaths after I "got" the game was due to the camera kinda being turd in enclosed spaces.

I dunno... the whole thing was alright at best. It's like a more button mashy Dark Souls.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.