Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No Man's Sky

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 09, 2016

A procedurally generated space exploration game from Hello Games, the creators of Joe Danger.

No Man's Sky NEXT Trailer

• 59 results
    burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I absolutely love that the "sprint, melee and jetpack" trick was not only left in, but it seems to have been fully embraced by the developers. It looks so good and intentional in third person.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By TheHT

Oh wow, this thing's got straight up character creation now. And you can make yourself an alien! I figured you'd just be the generic astronaut and could change your colours, but this looks great! I can be a little Gek space pirate or somethin.

Loading Video...

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By handlas

Seems a lot prettier from what I remember when playing it when it first came out. On Xbox One it has a performance and high quality mode. It was on high quality and seemed to be running fine so I left it there.

But damn... it sure put me on an extremely hard planet right off the bat. Is this normal? I'm thinking of starting over. 10 seconds in and I'm getting attacked by 3 scanners (then they call in the dog-like robots) and I'm being drained by heat. Hopefully I can get a friendly planet if I start over.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas said:

Seems a lot prettier from what I remember when playing it when it first came out. On Xbox One it has a performance and high quality mode. It was on high quality and seemed to be running fine so I left it there.

But damn... it sure put me on an extremely hard planet right off the bat. Is this normal? I'm thinking of starting over. 10 seconds in and I'm getting attacked by 3 scanners (then they call in the dog-like robots) and I'm being drained by heat. Hopefully I can get a friendly planet if I start over.

They apparently regenerated the universe, so I think when you resume a pre-NEXT game it places you in a more hostile planet than if you started fresh. I started a new character and had a fairly easy time of going through the tutorial and learning some of the new stuff.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas said:

Are you playing it on Survival mode? if so yeah it's fairly normal, well at least as far as you starting in a pretty inhospitable planet, not sure about the high security thing, are they attacking you on sight even if you don't do anything?

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burncoat said:

I absolutely love that the "sprint, melee and jetpack" trick was not only left in, but it seems to have been fully embraced by the developers. It looks so good and intentional in third person.

I saw they haven't fixed the instant regen digger bug either. Makes you wonder... I mean, sure, both of these bugs made the game much more enjoyable, but at the same time if they wanted them to stay they should've probably just addressed the issues rather than letting people in the know have a much better experience than everyone else.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onarum said:

@handlas said:

Are you playing it on Survival mode? if so yeah it's fairly normal, well at least as far as you starting in a pretty inhospitable planet, not sure about the high security thing, are they attacking you on sight even if you don't do anything?

This is a new game I started.. just on normal. Well, I'm shooting plants to collect stuff to get my ship up and running. And just swarms of robots come and attack me. I quit out because the dog robots were patrolling around my ship on top of the heat hazard... seeemed a bit much for a starting planet. I played originally on PC when it came out and didn't remember all the issues at first. Thought it started out pretty easy with you just repairing your ship and leaving.

I'll just start up a new game tomorrow. Hopefully one with less enemies.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it's a bit of a placebo effect or playing in 3rd person, but I am actually impressed by the degree they made it look better (on PC at least), or maybe I just had a semi interesting starting world. Terrain already felt more varied than the initial release and the world felt like a more unified whole. Believe it's been around for awhile but I dug the running and jumpjet control options and that they managed to remove the effectice but silly lunge/skiing thing you had to do before. Just repaired my ship but I feel more encouraged to keep going than I was with the base game. We'll see how it lasts. I did overall enjoy my first run with it and the premise/promise of it but definitely hit a wall with the monotonous nature of the content.

I did felt fairly miffed that the game forced you into multiplayer at the start, then turned network off in options. Maybe I would like random encounters with others but it would be best to do it on my own terms.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I have always for the game super chill. You can just sit back do you collecting missions, make you "doo-dads", and trade you goods while just scanning around. I think most of teh thing they have improved upon have bene real improvements either in design or depth of play. Ist certainly a bit harder to pick up now with the increased complexity of recipes.

The one grip I do have it that the diversity of life and the range of for climates on a planet used to be a bit wider. Most planets with they had some land also had some sea...I see less of that now. I see a lot of mono-climate planets and planets with less diversity of life. But, who knows, maybe I'm just in a backwater system.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.