Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No Man's Sky

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 09, 2016

A procedurally generated space exploration game from Hello Games, the creators of Joe Danger.

One Time Only Glitch - Stacking Vortex Cubes

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

It must have been a glitch, but I made Vortex Cubes which are supposed to take up one slot each to stack up to 100 last night. It was only in one slot and I could not replicate it again...but I did it.

And while I could not replicate it, I did have the foresight to snap a screen-grab from my PS4. (Pictures or it didn't happen as they say)

Look nearly $2.5 million is value in one slot, 100 of 100 Vortex cubes.....IT WAS GLORIOUS! I was so sad when I could not make them stack again. I wanted to collect 10 stack of 100, but it only allowed me to get one stack with whatever weird glitch was occurring.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

The way you duplicate the stacking glitch is you dismantle items, and if your inventory is full they will stack. As long as you have a stack of more than one of the item in your inventory after dismantling, you can just keep going. So if you are looking to farm something specific, just dismantle an item that will give you that thing and then go collect as many as you want, up to 100. It was discovered during the first week.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: Interesting. But dismantling something to do it seems like cheating, I was hoping it was random. Thanks for the info.

Adam-Masters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Adam-Masters

@monkeyking1969: is it really cheating if they left it in? I would think that they'd have checked if a thing like this could happen, especially if it's this easy to replicate.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By monkeyking1969

@monkeyking1969: is it really cheating if they left it in? I would think that they'd have checked if a thing like this could happen, especially if it's this easy to replicate.

I'm not saying it cheating, I said it feels like it a tiny bit. And, I even agree that if you can make it work, even if unintended it is part of the game in the strictest sense. I'm perfectly happy to let people play however they want.

Believe me, as I try to save $34+ million to buy a ship the thought of accelerating that credit grow is tempting. ;-)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.