Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No More Heroes

Franchise »

Suda 51's bizarre action series starring Travis Touchdown.

No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise Coming To 360 & PS3

• 71 results
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

updated 14/012/09

No Caption Provided

This weeks Famitsu magazine confirms a enhanced port of the original No More Heroes is on it's way to XBOX 360 and Sony PS3. 

As well as the expected HD gloss, the game will include Japanese language voiceovers, selectable alongside the the English voiceovers of the original. There's also a new unlockable mode which is known as "Very Sweet Mode, this mode changes all the female characters costumes into sexier forms -- skimpy bathing suits, lingerie, cheerleader outfits etc.  In addition to the Very Sweet Mode, there will be two new modes: "Rebout Mode" and "Movie Viewer". Rebout Mode lets you freely fight against the assassins you've previously encountered in the main mode of play. Movie Viewer lets you freely view movie scenes after you've seen them in the main story.

The game will obviously see a control change when it's minus the Wii Remote, Famitsu don't provide any specific details but do say to expect "a better feel of the action"  My guess is that they will launch without, but later down the line motion control as a DLC update could happen.

Marvelous Entertainment will be including an "Erotica Portrait" bonus item for those who pre-order the game. This collection of sexy portraits will differ depending on your platform. PS3 owners will get "Sexy Cherry" flavour, while Xbox 360 users will get "Sweet Mango" flavour.  PS3 buyers Sexy Cherry Flavor version, is said to be themed around an "adults holiday" and is designed by Yusuke Kozaki (Speed Grapher), Tsukasa Kotobuki (Saber Marionette), and Shirow Miwa (Dogs). Xbox 360 buyers Sweet Mango Flavor version, is said to be themed around a "free and open vacation."  It's designed by Yusuke Kozai, Hagane Tsurugi (Queen's Blade Rebellion) and You Shiina (Angel Howling).

Heroes' Paradise arrives on February 25th in Japan.

New Trailers 

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

Even though I do own this on Wii, I will probably end up getting it for 360.  I wonder how the achievements will be in this game.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @JJOR64 said:
    " Even though I do own this on Wii, I will probably end up getting it for 360.  I wonder how the achievements will be in this game. "

I shall be getting both versions, I will never pass on any Grasshopper related game, even the lame ones like Contact. 

Pretty awesome imagine, they'll certainly be titled well :P
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By rallier

My that is quite a surprise, sure quite a bit of people who did not play the original will be very happy with this announcement. Well they should be since it is a great game.

I am pro Very sweet mode by the way.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By xyzygy

Definitely getting the 360 version. The achievements will be awesome! 

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By asurastrike

Troll mode:

Now even more people can be disappointed with the empty open world, poor combat, and boring driving segments.

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ZeroCast

Well, since the game is close to being released, shouldn't there be at least a couple of screenshots or some videos?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks

Images added to the OP

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pause422

This makes me extremely fucking happy.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xyzygy
    @Asurastrike said:
    " Troll mode:  Now even more people can be disappointed with the empty open world, poor combat, and boring driving segments. "
    The game wasn't meant to be about any of that - It's all about the kickass boss fights. That's it. Think of it as a modern, and really weird, Shadow of the Colossus (Which by the way had an even emptier world, terrible horse controls, and no combat - you could think of the fights as more of a puzzle rather than combat).
    asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By asurastrike
    @xyzygy said:
    " @Asurastrike said:
    " Troll mode:  Now even more people can be disappointed with the empty open world, poor combat, and boring driving segments. "
    The game wasn't meant to be about any of that - It's all about the kickass boss fights. That's it. Think of it as a modern, and really weird, Shadow of the Colossus (Which by the way had an even emptier world, terrible horse controls, and no combat - you could think of the fights as more of a puzzle rather than combat). "
     More Trolling:

I didn't like Shadow of the Colossus either. :P
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Al3xand3r

If costumes is the only real change I won't bother trying to play it. Definitely a surprise after Suda's talk of how motion controls are the best way to play the game, despite the addition of classic controller support for the sequel. I wonder how it will be rated on reviews (and how it will sell compared to the sequel since the franchise is now more known than when it made its debut). If the graphics are much better I expect they'll overlook any of the faults they found on the original even if they're identical... Does it actually confirm they're doing the port themselves? It seems to contradict the last few interviews. I saw the high-res scans and while they're bad quality I don't think the changes are enough to call it a remake.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " If costumes is the only real change I won't bother trying to play it. Definitely a surprise after Suda's talk of how motion controls are the best way to play the game, despite the addition of classic controller support for the sequel. I wonder how it will be rated on reviews (and how it will sell compared to the sequel since the franchise is now more known than when it made its debut). If the graphics are much better I expect they'll overlook any of the faults they found on the original even if they're identical... Does it actually confirm they're doing the port themselves? It seems to contradict the last few interviews. I saw the high-res scans and while they're bad quality I don't think the changes are enough to call it a remake. "

I think the game will have motion controls looking at the release date of February next year.
    eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By eric_buck
    @Linkyshinks: 

Ouch. This is no good for Nintendo.
    MikeHaggarKJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MikeHaggarKJ

that game kicked ass. im happy for 360 & ps3 owners, you all should pick it up!!
    *hopes in vain for a vastly superior pc version* (despite having played the original)

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Al3xand3r

But on the 360? What will you do, swing your whole controller with both hands? I guess PS3 may become the definitive newcomer's version though.

@Eric_Buck said:

" @Linkyshinks:   Ouch. This is no good for Nintendo. "

Eh, it doesn't matter to Nintendo, it may have been a huge success by Grasshopper standards but it was nowhere near being a system seller.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Al3xand3r said:

" But on the 360? >_> "

Microsoft have yet to earmark a release window, but I'm pretty confident the 360 version will have motion control support down the line.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Rhaknar

yay ill finally get to play this... IF its the uncensored version. fucking european wii version...

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Linkyshinks

I think HD blood is a certainty. 

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By get2sammyb

They're saying February so I'm doubting it'll have neither Playstation Motion Controller support, nor Natal. They could patch it I suppose.

It's a shame no Playstation Motion Controller support though. If that thing really does hit in April-ish, it could have been the big "coming out" title as I expect Sony will launch it with some rubbishy mini-game things.

We'll see.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Al3xand3r

I wonder if it coincides with the release of the sequel on Wii and if that will affect ratings similar to a recent game >_>

@get2sammyb said:

" They're saying February so I'm doubting it'll have neither Playstation Motion Controller support, nor Natal"

Boo then. Scratch that definitive version remark from earlier.
    Scarabus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Scarabus

Good. Now I don't have to bring my Wii out of the garage.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Awesome! I always want to play it!

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Godwind

I wonder if it is coming stateside?  However, it is safe to assume it will.
    Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Marzy

I'll probably get this on PS3. It's one of my favourite games on Wii, so I don't mind buying it again to experience some of the new features.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Al3xand3r

I'll be playing this by then (hopefully):

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#27  Edited By Icemael

Awesome. But I wonder, will they put back the blood in the non-American versions? That censor was pretty lame.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @get2sammyb said:

" They're saying February so I'm doubting it'll have neither Playstation Motion Controller support, nor Natal. They could patch it I suppose.  It's a shame no Playstation Motion Controller support though. If that thing really does hit in April-ish, it could have been the big "coming out" title as I expect Sony will launch it with some rubbishy mini-game things.  We'll see. "

Resident Evil 5: AE is coming out on February 18th in Japan, do you really think Capcom would launch that game without motion control :?  April has been mentioned for the West, not natively in Japan.

I think Natal support will follow later for the 360 version, but I'm confident the PS3 version will have motion control support out of the box.

This game arrives the following week after RE5: AE's release in Japan. 

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#29  Edited By Meowayne

It does make for a good mirror situation to Modern Warfare, doesn't it?

Avatar image for deactivated-61f31c6da0e7f
    deactivated-61f31c6da0e7f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

i need this!!

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Godwind
    @Meowayne said:
    " It does make for a good mirror situation to Modern Warfare, doesn't it? "
    Except Modern Warfare is one of the major releases in entertainment history and No More Heroes is a cult classic.

Although I wonder if Very Sweet mode will affect Bad Girl.  She was HOT!!!!!!!!!!
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Al3xand3r

I think he was reffering to my comment about the reviewers' response to a 2-years-late port coming at just about the same time as the sequel on another platform. Meaning wondering if they will deduct points for that silly reason, as many outlets unfairly did for Reflex Edition. The popularity differences of the franchises have nothing to do with it. Though if you want to look at it in that way then the release of Modern Warfare for Wii is certainly more important for the platform than the release of No More Heroes elsewhere. Anyway, it seems the port isn't by Grasshopper and they only hold a "supervising" role for this project. I guess they have their hands full with No More Heroes 2 and that EA game or whatever other projects they have been working on. From this alone I would gather it's a port with the extra elements mentioned and not anything resembling a remake.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Al3xand3r said:

" Anyway, it seems the port isn't by Grasshopper and they only hold a "supervising" role for this project. I guess they have their hands full with No More Heroes 2 and that EA game or whatever other projects they have been working on. From this alone I would gather it's a port with the extra elements mentioned and not anything resembling a remake. "

Where did you read it wouldn't be made by Grasshopper?, the Famitsu article makes no mention of that. 

Enhanced port is the new buzz word. 
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Al3xand3r

Because people with the magazine (via GAF) say it states Grasshopper has a supervising role. If they made it up I don't know, that's lame.

Enhanced port is a buzz word now? It sounds like a simple enough description of the situation to me, if we go by the current pics and info. You can't call it a direct port as it does have a couple of different elements (not unlike any average port honestly, even PS3 ToVesperia has extra content etc) but on the other hand it's still a far cry from a remake. Unless the eventual direct feed images show a vastly improved look that I'm missing now.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Linkyshinks

@Al3xand3r said:

" Because people with the magazine (via GAF) say it states Grasshopper has a supervising role. If they made it up I don't know, that's lame.

Enhanced port is a buzz word now? It sounds like a simple enough description of the situation to me, if we go by the current pics and info. You can't call it a direct port as it does have a couple of different elements (not unlike any average port honestly, even PS3 ToVesperia has extra content etc) but on the other hand it's still a far cry from a remake. Unless the eventual direct feed images show a vastly improved look that I'm missing now. "

Even if it is made by another (cannot imagine who), it makes little difference if Grasshopper Manufacture is supervising. If anything, it may be to the benefit of the game if these developers have more experience of making games on PS3 and 360. 
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Al3xand3r

When did i imply the port is worse off because of it? I merely said that it's another piece of information that hints at this project being just that, a port, as they probably wouldn't have the authority to completely remake or make prominent additions and changes to Suda's and Grasshopper's work.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Linkyshinks

You didn't :O, I'm just saying if it's made by developers with more experience of the platforms, that's better.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Al3xand3r

Well it's probably not an issue of experience, just that they have their hands full. I'm pretty sure they have PS360 projects of their own.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Linkyshinks

They have little to no experience of making games on 360 and PS3, that's partly why Suda has teams in his studio is working on joint projects. They have less than a hundred employees (just over 70) so that's definitely the case. Grasshopper are not known for their technical proficiency in making games on any platform, the games they've made in the past have always had technical issues.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Al3xand3r

Having few employees just adds to the lack of staff to handle the port assumption though... It was partly why I said it.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41  Edited By Willy105

As I said with GTA Chinatown Wars, if it doesn't sell on a more popular system, it won't sell on least popular ones.

But great for those who somehow don't have Wii's to enjoy this game if they were interested in it before.

I don't have the game, but still.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By jakob187

Ah, now we can't make fun of our friends while they are imitating jerking off with their controllers.  =  (

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By apathylad
    @Godwind said:
    " @Meowayne said:
    Except Modern Warfare is one of the major releases in entertainment history and No More Heroes is a cult classic.  Although I wonder if Very Sweet mode will affect Bad Girl.  She was HOT!!!!!!!!!! "

She's wearing a very suggestive outfit in one of the scans posted by Linkyshinks, look there if you're curious.

@jakob187 said:
    " Ah, now we can't make fun of our friends while they are imitating jerking off with their controllers.  =  ( "

Yeah, that's the only things my friends remember from No More Heroes when they saw me play it.
    m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By m1k3

i really hope they dont mess up in porting the control scheme. i will be getting this either way.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#45  Edited By bed

great news, i can finally play this. 

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#46  Edited By iamjohn

Well, I wanted to play No More Heroes again anyway.  Have Bitter Mode be unlocked from the beginning and I'm doubly in.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Godwind
    @Apathylad said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " @Meowayne said:
    Except Modern Warfare is one of the major releases in entertainment history and No More Heroes is a cult classic.  Although I wonder if Very Sweet mode will affect Bad Girl.  She was HOT!!!!!!!!!! "

She's wearing a very suggestive outfit in one of the scans posted by Linkyshinks, look there if you're curious.

@jakob187 said:
    " Ah, now we can't make fun of our friends while they are imitating jerking off with their controllers.  =  ( "
     Yeah, that's the only things my friends remember from No More Heroes when they saw me play it. "
    I see it.  Ya, I want this game.  I am a horny pervert.  Show me da sex.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @iAmJohn said:
    " Well, I wanted to play No More Heroes again anyway.  Have Bitter Mode be unlocked from the beginning and I'm doubly in. "

That's something I would definitely want.
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#49  Edited By flaminghobo

This makes me a very happy hobo.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#50  Edited By get2sammyb
    @Linkyshinks: ... Well that's odd. I suppose the controller might make February in Japan. JUST. But it worries me if it's going to be out that early because it wasn't even final design at TGS and we've heard NOTHING since then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.