Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No More Heroes

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 06, 2007

An action-adventure hack n' slash title for the Nintendo Wii. In it, players follow otaku Travis Touchdown in his quest to become the highest-ranked assassin in the world (and, perhaps, get together with the mysterious Sylvia Christel).

No More Heroes Comes To PlayStation Move In Europe

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Edited By mattbodega
    Konami has announced that it will publish No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise--the port of the original No More Heroes on the Wii to the Xbox 360 and PS3--in Europe sometime in 2011. However,acording to the news story seen on Joystiq, Konami has elected to only publish the PS3 version of the game, and it has announced only a European publishing deal for Heroes' Paradise. With Ubisoft walking away from its No More Heroes publishing deal, there is still no guarantee that Heroes Paradise will get a proper release in the U.S.

Here is the reason Move support is perfect for No More Heroes.

However, what makes this story really bizarre is that, in bringing the game out to Europe, Konami will also be adding PlayStation Move support to the PS3 version of Heroes' Paradise. That means that, if you do have a Move controller, you will be able to play No More Heroes using the exact same controls as the Wii version of the game. Like Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition, you will be able to play a game that is, essentially, a better-looking version of a Wii game that controls exactly the same way. 

The very motion controls that were removed from the 360 and PS3 ports of No More Heroes are being added back into the game.   

== TEASER ==I am a little shocked that the way the rest of the world might get access to the HD port of No More Heroes is by adding motion control support. However, I suppose there's something to that logic; early adopters to the Move controller aren't going to have access to a huge library of games that support the hardware. If Konami can quickly and cheaply add motion support back into Heroes' Paradise, they can bring that game to an audience who's likely to be interested in anything that features Move support. And if Konami is going to spend any time and money adding Move support to the game, they might as well bring Heroes' Paradise to the U.S. as well, right?  

If adding Move functionality is the way I'm going to get to play No More Heroes on an HD console, than that's fine with me. The only question remaining now is how we get that 360 version of Heroes Paradise out of Japan. Adding Move support to No More Heroes make sense given its Wii origin, but you can't exactly add Kinect support to No More Heroes, can you?

Although, that would make charging up your beam katanaway funnier.
    mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mattbodega
    Konami has announced that it will publish No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise--the port of the original No More Heroes on the Wii to the Xbox 360 and PS3--in Europe sometime in 2011. However,acording to the news story seen on Joystiq, Konami has elected to only publish the PS3 version of the game, and it has announced only a European publishing deal for Heroes' Paradise. With Ubisoft walking away from its No More Heroes publishing deal, there is still no guarantee that Heroes Paradise will get a proper release in the U.S.

However, what makes this story really bizarre is that, in bringing the game out to Europe, Konami will also be adding PlayStation Move support to the PS3 version of Heroes' Paradise. That means that, if you do have a Move controller, you will be able to play No More Heroes using the exact same controls as the Wii version of the game. Like Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition, you will be able to play a game that is, essentially, a better-looking version of a Wii game that controls exactly the same way. 

The very motion controls that were removed from the 360 and PS3 ports of No More Heroes are being added back into the game.   

== TEASER ==I am a little shocked that the way the rest of the world might get access to the HD port of No More Heroes is by adding motion control support. However, I suppose there's something to that logic; early adopters to the Move controller aren't going to have access to a huge library of games that support the hardware. If Konami can quickly and cheaply add motion support back into Heroes' Paradise, they can bring that game to an audience who's likely to be interested in anything that features Move support. And if Konami is going to spend any time and money adding Move support to the game, they might as well bring Heroes' Paradise to the U.S. as well, right?  

If adding Move functionality is the way I'm going to get to play No More Heroes on an HD console, than that's fine with me. The only question remaining now is how we get that 360 version of Heroes Paradise out of Japan. Adding Move support to No More Heroes make sense given its Wii origin, but you can't exactly add Kinect support to No More Heroes, can you?

Although, that would make charging up your beam katanaway funnier.
    Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Grissefar

Hello Kessler, good to have you back - at least in a way.

Shibbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Shibbles

Hehe, penis. 

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By HellBrendy

Finally, I'm getting to play this game! 

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By nohthink

That's actually an exciting news. 

wonderhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By wonderhare

I'll finally play this game?! Yesssss!

MJHAYLETT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MJHAYLETT

what's bizzare about adding in Move Support? I fail to see the bizarreness of it! Still if I am going to virtual wank I think its appropriate to have something hard in my hand as I do it!!!

JTHomeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By JTHomeslice

So PS3 players will be able to play the game the way it's meant to be played.

jelekeloy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By jelekeloy

It makes sense, Kessler.  Good to see you back none the less.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Vorbis

You win Sony, I'll get your stupid Move just for this game.

ateatree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ateatree

It only does excessive masturbation-

I mean, everything.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Brendan
    @MJHAYLETT said:
    "what's bizzare about adding in Move Support? I fail to see the bizarreness of it! Still if I am going to virtual wank I think its appropriate to have something hard in my hand as I do it!!! "

Back in my day, we had to use our imaginations when wankin the ol' member.  We had nothing to grasp but our own cre-a-tivity! Damn kids... 
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Djeffers03

Masturbatory you say? My interest has sparked.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Steve_C

It wouldn't make sense not to include Move support.

At least people will be able to import it easily.

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mattbodega
    @ateatree said:
    " It only does excessive masturbation-  I mean, everything. "

If I could give out a gold star for the day, you, my friend, would be the recipient.
    adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By adoggz

you're right kessler adding kinect support would let you masturbate for realz in the game. THAT would be cool...

toadstule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By toadstule

Pretty cool news. My friend imported the PS3 NMH and told me that it was harder to control compared to motion controls on the Wii.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#18  Edited By MachoFantastico

Pretty cool, always appreciated the franchise for it's gameplay and style but never enough to play it on the Nintendo Wii. Might have to give them a go. 

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By 1337W422102

The "fap fap fap, imma chargin mah lasar" picture I saw when the first one came out cracked me up, I have to admit.
    If they made a PC version of it, I'd be happy.  Don't really care for the wagglan, but they could easily do some of the motion gimmicks with the mouse (especially the combat direction arrows).  For recharging, just shake the mouse around, or something.  It could work.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By landon

You don't even make the motion. You shake it left and right. Suda lied to all of us.

jos1ah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jos1ah

If I end up dropping money on Move I'll pick this up. I wanted to try it, but just didn't have enough interest in the Wii version.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#22  Edited By Brackynews

I expect some industrious soul in Britain to alter the logo to PlayStation Wank®

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MeierTheRed
    @HellBrendy said:
    " Finally, I'm getting to play this game!  "
    Yes, and i hope its worth the wait.
    fallen_elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By fallen_elite

My final reason to buy a Wii is now gone. Awesome.

crushed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By crushed

Heard the PS3 version has terrible censoring that ruins the impact of fights, and there are some nasty loading times and glitches. Suda apparently distanced himself from this port and had nothing to do with it.

Hopefully Konami fixes that stuff.

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mattbodega
    @Crushed:  If I had to guess, I would imagine that, yes, they would remove the censoring if they brought No More Heroes out of Japan. The not-so-little-secret about japan, from what I've heard, is that they just culturally not as blood crazy as folks in the West are. The ridiculously violent games don't perform super well there. Games as ridiculously violent as No More Heroes or MadWorld are typically designed that way in order to appeal to the west, not the home market.

So, if Konami was intent on bringing NMH outside of Japan, I would guess that they would remove the censoring, simply because of the way they make "games for the west."
    Avatar image for deactivated-5865c6a5c9438
    deactivated-5865c6a5c9438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bring it to 'Murikah!

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By Meowayne

Its not bizarre that they are doing it, it is bizarre how they are doing it. I have a controller that does true spatial and relative motion tracking of my hand and yet I am still going to have to push a button to use my sword? Nonsense.

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By MjHealy

Great news. I thought this wouldn't come out in Europe.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Can American PS3's play PAL games?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.