Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No More Heroes

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 06, 2007

An action-adventure hack n' slash title for the Nintendo Wii. In it, players follow otaku Travis Touchdown in his quest to become the highest-ranked assassin in the world (and, perhaps, get together with the mysterious Sylvia Christel).

No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise - Official Site

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Minowa aka
            Minowa aka "Minowaman"

Marvelous Entertainment have opened an official site for No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise, which is on it's way to 360 and PS3 in Japan on February 25th 2010.  

The site features a video message from the games new official spokesperson, Japanese mixed martial artist Ikuhisa Minowa, aka "Minowaman".   

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Official Site

http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/nomoreheroes/     

The page at present contains details only on the "Erotica Portrait" item that will be given away as a pre-order bonus item. This item includes a collection of images. No More Heroes character designer Yusuke Uzaki created an original image for the cover art. The other images are being provided by as yet unannounced guest illustrators. The PS3 and Xbox 360 will each have their own unique image sets. The PS3 version, shown to the left, is titled Sexy Cherry flavor. It's themed around "Adults Holiday." The 360 version is titled Sweet Mango. It's themed around "Free and open Vacation." Kinky I know.  

No Caption Provided

Japanese Voice Cast: 

•  Travis Touchdown: Kazuya Nakai
    • Sylvia Crystal: Marina Inoue
    • Dr. Peace: Chikao Otsuka
    • Shinobu: Eri Kitamura
    • Holly Summers: Fumiko Orikasa
    • Bad Girl: Yuko Sanpei
    • Dark Star: Tesshou Genda
    • Henry: Katsuyuki Konishi
    • Jeane: Mamiko Noto

EDIT: 

First HD Screens:  

**(can we have a game page please, I would create one myself but I banned myself in a bet with another member.)**
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

One word : awesome.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

I get the impression Marvelous are going to market the hell out of these games in Japan and the West, it will be in stark contrast to how they promoted the Wii game.  

I still remember this awesome but epic failure.... 
      I still remember this awesome but epic failure.... 
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By rallier
    @Linkyshinks said:

**(can we have a game page please, I would create one myself but I banned myself in a bet with another member.)** "

Ports do not get a separate game page, the addition release data should be added to the No More Heroes release data and perhaps an additional section in the wiki detailing what this version brings with it.

Always wondered how you got wikibanned ^^
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r
    @Linkyshinks said:
    I get the impression Marvelous are going to market the hell out of these games in Japan and the West, it will be in stark contrast to how they promoted the Wii game.
    It's a proven IP now. I don't think they'll market this more than NMH2 though. Or maybe they will. Trying Japan is weird as it did the worst there.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Al3xand3r said:

" @Linkyshinks said:

It's a proven IP now. I don't think they'll market this more than NMH2 though. Or maybe they will. Trying Japan is weird as it did the worst there. "

The only thing it's proved is that it made very little money for both Grasshopper and it's publisher. It's far from being a proven IP, it's had minuscule sales on Wii globally, which is why Marvelous are bringing it over.  

That's why they've got a well known Japanese celebrity in place. 
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

It's sold 300-500k, if it cost so much to make that it wasn't profitable then they suck @ producing and marketing. Hard. Marvelous only published it in Japan where it flopped hard so maybe that's why they didn't make money, maybe they didn't do good deals with the Western publishers. If 500k for a new seemingly low budget IP with miniscule marketing (I'm sure you remember Ubi's handling) isn't proving it then I don't know what can. Where did its money go? To big name actors for the voice acting? Or to incredible HD art assets, models, textures? Or to what? The game's got nothing that screams costly on it, it's practically a Dreamcast game. As for why Marvelous is "bringing it over", it's to make up their losses on other titles. It's not No More Heroes' fault that they published more Wii flops like Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga. Not to mention most of their titles have yet to be released worldwide and are also handled bad. Rune Factory Frontier is still not in Europe and by the time it arrives nobody will remember it, Muramasa's just coming now after all the hype has dwindled and chains won't even stock it despite meeting expectations in the US thanks to Ignition. XSEED can't market titles for shit and will probably go down if they keep it up. Arc Rise Fantasia is not out in NA. It could have been the first serious Wii JRPG and now it will end up competing with known IP. Little King's Story was nowhere to be seen in stores even in its launch date. They're a mess and will probably close down if this doesn't help them. It probably won't. Hopefully the developers will go to more capable hands.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks

That looks awesome!, I love the sheen on his leather jacket, and the definition on his jeans...

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks

Getting new clothes at Area 51 is going to mean more when you can really appreciate the clothing like this.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Al3xand3r

For comparison. The models seem to have the same geometry, it's just the shitty Dreamcast-esque rendering of the original that held them back. It's not like we don't have Wii games with sharper textures and some specular mapping on top (not as sharp as this but still). 

Well it looks more mainstream now but I think I prefer the old stark cel shading. I just wish it was sharper (it doesn't seem fixed in NMH: DS).
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By Willy105

I wonder if they will advertise it, even a little bit, you know, for it to sell.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By bed
    @JJOR64 said:
    " One word : awesome. "
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Andorski

So is this a new game or a port of the original?

JonnyAvacado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By JonnyAvacado

Its definitely a port of the original, and yes it looks as if this will be the second time I buy it...fucking fantastic game!

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Al3xand3r

No More Heroes 2 Wii Shinobu & Travis for comparison. It still looks washed out but close enough. Too bad the engine's roughly the same ol crap.

The models are the same quality, just lighting and texture resolution differ. Shame they couldn't add some Galaxy style rim lighting and shines to it.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Al3xand3r
    Some good comparisons (it's hard to find good Wii -bull- shots, I've seen some horrible comparisons showing shitty shots so this is better).
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Linkyshinks

I really don't see the point of comparisons of the two versions, it's pretty obvious what looks graphically better. 

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Al3xand3r

So, what do you suggest we talk about, if not the main differences between the two versions, which for now are visual?

Some more.

In "your" set I prefer the Wii versions honestly. It's more atmospheric in the first scene (why did they change where the lighting comes from?), then Travis' eyes are visible in the second scene (I hope the shinyness doesn't hide them often), and what's with Sylvia's arm?! Bayonetta-esque, lol.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Linkyshinks

It probably resembles Grasshoppers concept work and story boards more closely, that's what that pastel green sky suggests to me. Perhaps this supposed out source team you mentioned yesterday have been instructed to use the preliminary work as a guide.  

He arms look slender and more feminine: 

No Caption Provided
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dalai

Honestly, it doesn't feel right seeing No More Heroes in HD and all good looking.  I actually liked the unpolished, dirty, jaggy look. 

But hey, more people get to enjoy No More Heroes.  That's never a bad thing.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By vidiot

I'm excited. It looks, well, just like I would imagine it would look. I'm interested in a couple things: Will there be extra content?Is this game going to have motion waggling at all? It's apparently coming out in only a few months in Japan, I've heard practically jack on Natal or that magic wand.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @vidiot said:

" I'm excited. It looks, well, just like I would imagine it would look. I'm interested in a couple things: Will there be extra content?Is this game going to have motion waggling at all? It's apparently coming out in only a few months in Japan, I've heard practically jack on Natal or that magic wand. "

HD gamers have a new unlockable mode to look forward to. Known as "Very Sweet Mode, the mode changes all the female characters costumes into sexier forms -- skimpy bathing suits, cheerleader outfits, and so-forth. The girls appear in this form during both gameplay and non gameplay sequences. 

No details, but I expect both versions will down the line, starting with the PS3  - RE5: AE is released in Japan a week before this game hits, Capcom would not release that game without.
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ZenaxPure

Those HD shots are breath taking, I can't wait to see it on my own tv. 

As for stuff like the wrestling moves that required wiimote movement I assume it will be replicated with the dual analog sticks. Not as fun and exciting sure, but it will get the job done. NMH was controlled by buttons mostly anyhow.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Oh, dude.
    This may be the first time I buy the same game a second time, on a different platform.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By vidiot
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " @vidiot said:

" I'm excited. It looks, well, just like I would imagine it would look. I'm interested in a couple things: Will there be extra content?Is this game going to have motion waggling at all? It's apparently coming out in only a few months in Japan, I've heard practically jack on Natal or that magic wand. "

HD gamers have a new unlockable mode to look forward to. Known as "Very Sweet Mode, the mode changes all the female characters costumes into sexier forms -- skimpy bathing suits, cheerleader outfits, and so-forth. The girls appear in this form during both gameplay and non gameplay sequences.   No details, but I expect both versions will down the line, starting with the PS3  - RE5: AE is released in Japan a week before this game hits, Capcom would not release that game without. "
    That's what I would assume, that they would add motion controls probably via internet updates. 
    I can't really fathom a repackage of a repackage with motion controls...Actually, I can, I just choose to close my eyes and stick my fingers in my ears while saying "I can't hear you!" over and over again.

Very Sweet Mode. I chuckled. Not worth a complete new purchase, but you never know :P 
    Can't wait to see the list of achievements.
    Take a dump 10G
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Linkyshinks

@vidiot said:

" @Linkyshinks said:
    " @vidiot said:

HD gamers have a new unlockable mode to look forward to. Known as "Very Sweet Mode, the mode changes all the female characters costumes into sexier forms -- skimpy bathing suits, cheerleader outfits, and so-forth. The girls appear in this form during both gameplay and non gameplay sequences.   No details, but I expect both versions will down the line, starting with the PS3  - RE5: AE is released in Japan a week before this game hits, Capcom would not release that game without. "
    That's what I would assume, that they would add motion controls probably via internet updates. 
    I can't really fathom a repackage of a repackage with motion controls...Actually, I can, I just choose to close my eyes and stick my fingers in my ears while saying "I can't hear you!" over and over again.

Very Sweet Mode. I chuckled. Not worth a complete new purchase, but you never know :P 
    Can't wait to see the list of achievements.
    Take a dump 10G "

Yeah, a LIVE update will likely provide the 360 version with support later, it's easy enough to do, but I really do believe and am very confident the PS3 version will have motion control support out of the box. Like I say above, there's no way Capcom would release the Alternative Edition of RE5 without motion control available. It would be crazy to do so when the main incentive for people to buy that game is the motion controls. That game is due on the 18th of February, this game is due on the 25th.

You can be sure the achievements are going to be some of the best on the 360 :)  

I expect an announcement for Sony's motion controller in the second week of December.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Linkyshinks

The site now has sections for story and character, with the character section counting down through all the assassins. Currently, you'll only find Death Metal's profile. The "pick-up" section of the site has a teaser look at the game's Very Sweet Mode (below). Hereos Paradise has the three difficulty settings of its predecessor on Wii: Sweet (easy), Mild (normal) and Bitter (hard). It also adds "Very Sweet Mode", which, rather than altering difficulty, simply adds more pussy to the proceedings.

http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/nomoreheroes/        (Bookmark)

Very Sweet Mode  
    Very Sweet Mode  
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By Snail

This totally made my day! 

Wait, you banned yourself?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Snail said:
    " This totally made my day!  Wait, you banned yourself? "

I'm surprised you haven't heard about this already.

Aye.
    deadfm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By deadfm

I never finished this on wii.. but this looks pretty sweet

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Al3xand3r
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Linkyshinks

Never heard of them..I hope this doesn't the Genki Rockets are out of the frame for this version.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#33  Edited By Soap

This version looks incredible. I remember being so tempted to pick it up for the Wii for as long as I could remember (even through the periods of time when I didn't have a Wii any more lol) I'll definitly be picking this up now.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Soap said:
    " This version looks incredible. I remember being so tempted to pick it up for the Wii for as long as I could remember (even through the periods of time when I didn't have a Wii any more lol) I'll definitly be picking this up now. "

Even some Wii owners who already own the game will be getting this on the evidence of this thread. It looks too good to resist. 
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Linkyshinks

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.