Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

No More Heroes

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 06, 2007

An action-adventure hack n' slash title for the Nintendo Wii. In it, players follow otaku Travis Touchdown in his quest to become the highest-ranked assassin in the world (and, perhaps, get together with the mysterious Sylvia Christel).

PS3 Version Censored?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

There may be some differences between the 360 and PS3 versions of No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise. Siliconera have noted, an Amiami retail listing lists the 360 version as being the same spec as North American version of the game, with the same blood and violence as that version. The PS3 listing however doesn't state that, suggesting that perhaps the PS3 version will be censored. 

Siliconera

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By MetalGearSunny

That's just dumb.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Diamond

The Japanese Wii version was censored too.  Like the article says, MS is willing to go with the Cero Z rating, but retail wise that's the equivalent of an AO rating in the US, it destroys sales.

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By 02sfraser

the PS3 has a much bigger customer base in Japan then the 360 so censoring it would make sense. i am still sticking with my Wii version :D wish it stayed an exclusive. makes me sad it isn't :(

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

@Diamond said:

" The Japanese Wii version was censored too.  Like the article says, MS is willing to go with the Cero Z rating, but retail wise that's the equivalent of an AO rating in the US, it destroys sales. "

The Japanese and European releases were censored on Wii in the same way. In Europe, it's not happening with the sequel due early next year on Wii

If it is true, this could just be natively in Japan, the PS3 version may still be intact for the NA release.
    m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By m1k3

until i hear from an official major source, its still speculation

i haven't even heard of the source of this story

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Diamond
    @Linkyshinks said:

If it is true, this could just be natively in Japan, the PS3 version may still be intact for the NA release.

That'd be my guess, there's no reason to censor the game for NA.  In Japan though they have a chance of getting a ton of extra sales because a censored version can actually be sold out in the open in stores.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @m1k3 said:

" until i hear from an official major source, its still speculation  i haven't even heard of the source of this story "

Amiami are one of the largest if not thee largest hobby shop in Japan, it's an Otaku's haven. They sell videogames, DVD's, scale models, robots, figurines and comics. 

Here's the English version of their site: 

http://www.amiami.com/shop?set=english    

They always have very cool videogame related stuff... It's best avoided if you like to spend  :)  

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By m1k3
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " @m1k3 said:
    " until i hear from an official major source, its still speculation  i haven't even heard of the source of this story "
     Amiami are one of the largest if not thee largest hobby shops in Japan, an Otaku's haven basically. They sell videogames, DVD's, scale models, robots, figurines and comics etc. "
    still never heard of them... lol
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @02sfraser said:
    " the PS3 has a much bigger customer base in Japan then the 360 so censoring it would make sense. i am still sticking with my Wii version :D wish it stayed an exclusive. makes me sad it isn't :( "
    It would definitely be a good move.  The 360 version is unlikely to sell well, but if they made theres uncensored, it would definitely boost the sales for the really hardcore fans, at least.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By xyzygy

That's garbage! Although, I would definitely pick up the 360 version if I was over there because No More Heroes without gore and blood would be extremely lame. 

If it comes here the PS3 version probably won't be censored.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Rhaknar

please, give me ONE uncensored version in europe...I already skipped the wii version because of it >_<

solidsnake360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By solidsnake360

I'm sure that if the PS3 version makes it to North America, It will be uncensored.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Andorski

The United States and blood go hand in hand.  Show a nipple though, and this game won't see the light of day in this country.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Phished0ne

On a side note, now that ubi has dropped it, who you do think will pick it up for NA release?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By Snail

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

Not again!

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Snail said:
    " OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE!  Not again! "

@Diamond said:
    " @Linkyshinks said:

That'd be my guess, there's no reason to censor the game for NA.  In Japan though they have a chance of getting a ton of extra sales because a censored version can actually be sold out in the open in stores. "

I think the NA version will be safe, even if the European version may not be (- eg: No More Heroes Wii).  You can of course import a copy if that lame scenario arises. I should also point out the games sequel on Wii, will come to Europe with two versions - a censored and uncensored type. So maybe there's hope. But even more so, perhaps the nature of the PS3's prime userbase, unlike that on Wii, will make them feel it cannot be censored in the West without negative ramifications. 
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By Snail
    @Linkyshinks: Yeah, the European version was really lame in comparison to the American version, the lack of gore killed a very important part of the overall atmosphere of the game (ashes instead of blood, really?).
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Linkyshinks

It was a spray of coins.  It was indeed lame in comparison. Nintendo fanboys in Europe will tell you they didn't care, but they do. The worst kind will tell you it was actually better than the blood ^ ^ 

I was forced me to buy the NA version, which I can only play on my Japanese Wii using a Freeloader disc.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Al3xand3r

The coin shower was in both censored and uncensored versions, the blood was replaced with a different effect which I guess could be ashes. The game was still great censored, the crazy storyline was intact, and the swearing (I think, I didn't watch it all). Bad Girl was the most radical change though all the death scenes left a lot to be desired, obviously. No dismemberment or death animation was visible since they dissolved on strike.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.