Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Noby Noby Boy

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Feb 19, 2009

Noby Noby Boy is the much awaited follow up to the Katamari Damacy series by eccentric artist and employee of Namco-Bandai, Keita Takahashi. Players control an unusual entity named BOY in surreal, randomly generated, physics-based sandbox worlds.

The first review is in! Eurogamer reviews Noby Noby Boy

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoG
    Eurogamer gives Noby Noby Boy a 9/10
    I was sure about buying this, but now I want to buy it twice after reading that review. Some excerpts:
    [after discussing flower and more experimental games, the author says]"Noby Noby Boy... isn't like those other experiemtns. It's deeper, wilder, more unhinged, more radical - and more brilliant."
    "Noby Noby Boy is the purest form of gaming sandbox."
    "[Noby Noby Boy is]... actually an incredubly forward-thinking and preogressive piece of game design..."
    "... by some combination of cunning and magic, it makes you a child again."

PSN store can't update soon enough. Ok, seriously, when is the freaking update coming?!?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

I'm so confused XD

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Waffles!

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By get2sammyb

I've been playing it for the last hour and been getting so frustrated with it. I just don't understand what the fuck is going on.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BoG
    get2sammyb said:
    "I've been playing it for the last hour and been getting so frustrated with it. I just don't understand what the fuck is going on.
    "
    You have it already? Where do you live, it's still not up for me!
    logson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By logson

I'm interested to see how different publications, sites, and people react to this game. I think it's going to be extremely polarizing.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By get2sammyb
    BoG said:
    "get2sammyb said:
    "I've been playing it for the last hour and been getting so frustrated with it. I just don't understand what the fuck is going on.
    "
    You have it already? Where do you live, it's still not up for me!
    "
    In UK. And now I've read that Eurogamer review it makes more sense. Don't get me wrong - I love the concept but I feel like a little explanation wouldn't hurt. (MILD SPOILER) You get a little quiz at the start which teaches you the controls but you're never once given an objective. And that makes sense given the game has no "objectives" but I didn't even realise you were meant to eat stuff until... well I discovered it by accident.

The ranking system is awesome though - from what I understand from the review (again it doesn't tell you in game) all of us who own the game are working to unlock the next level? That's brilliantly amazing.

Sadly I didn't play Katamari so this is all fresh to me. It explains things in a very quirky manner -- I just wish I didn't have to rely on a Eurogamer review to understand. Even if that is part of the games charm.

Having said the above negative things though... I really want to go back and play more.
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BoG

Bah, lucky duck. Nothing for us here in the US of A. I really can't wait, but I have to go to work. Why can't Sony just update first thing in the morning like other services? Even Valve's arbitrary times are better then this.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By get2sammyb

Here's a piccy for the community taken with the PS3's screenshot tool:

No Caption Provided
    Here's a gameplay video I made with the PS3's Youtube tools.

Fantastic. Falling in love with this game now. I don't think many will have the patience with it but once you understand your "minor" objective it's just... fun playing around. The price shouldn't put anyone off anyway.

Here's a video also captured with PS3's Youtube video malarky.

evadwolrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By evadwolrab

That music's just... *drifts to sleep like a baby*

evadwolrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11  Edited By evadwolrab

In fact, can anyone suggest some music similar to this? The closest I have is probably Nick Drake's Pink Moon. In fact, I'll stick that on.

Suggestions would still be nice though. :)

PS. I decided not to get this until I've had my full enjoyment of Flower first.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dalai

See, I was expecting a ?/10 since nobody seems to know what the fuck this game is about.  Oh well, it's got a Katamari vibe so it's probably all good.

sunie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sunie
    evadwolrab said:
    "In fact, can anyone suggest some music similar to this? The closest I have is probably Nick Drake's Pink Moon. In fact, I'll stick that on.

Suggestions would still be nice though. :)

PS. I decided not to get this until I've had my full enjoyment of Flower first.
    "
    The song reminds me a little bit of "Dust in the Wind" by Kansas.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.