Norm Macdonald Dies at 61

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By monkeyking1969

Oh, man that just sucks Norm was a weird guy and a controversial comedian. But, I think he was one of the best modern comedians; he was in league with the best comedians of the last 40 years. If Norm Macdonald was on "Late Show with David Letterman" and "Conan" you knew some weird stuff was going to happened that night. While not without controversy, I think he held to his own standard and backed it up every day of his career. If you wanted a honest assessment of any other comedian Norm would give it to you.

He will be missed, RIP Norm!

What bit or joke or bit that Norm did stucks with you, for me it was when Norm was on Conan with Courtney Thorne-Smith. It great because it is classic Norm to hijack an interview. [Norm] "...She left Melrose Place to make a movie with Carrot Top?!"

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By liquiddragon

I can't pick. Obviously the moth joke from Conan's Tonight Show was amazing but Andy Richter the Swedish German one was amazing too. Married a battle-axe and the most convoluted joke were also great. Ton of great stuff from the Late Night days as well.

I definitely recommend his most recent special on Netflix, Hitler's Dog, Gossip & Trickery.

He was one my favorite comedians. Man, I'm gonna miss him.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Didn't have any love or affinity for him myself - had never heard of him before Dan started talking about him - but my timeline on Twitter is full of some of my favourite comedians sharing their favourite moments and talking about how much they loved/respected him. And if so many people who have made me laugh are reacting like that to the death of a comedian, well I think it suggests that he was a pretty special character and someone who will definitely be sorely missed.

One of the UK's most beloved comedians, Sean Lock, recently passed away aged 58 and that definitely did have a bigger effect on me, so I can totally sympathise with what people are feeling right now - I just didn't grow up with late night US comedy.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

My introduction to Norm was Dirty Work. It had a unique irreverence and I loved pretty much everything I saw from him after that, too.

RobertForster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By RobertForster

He was the best on Weekend Update. He really brought that ‘90s bite to the show. Dirty Work with Artie Lang is another high moment. But what really stands out to me are his quick wit and long jokes on Letterman or Conan, or even radio. Also, Norm was smart as a whip, with deep insights on life and death.

thefizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolute master class in delivery is the most important thing in comedy. He will go down as an all-time great. Even though like all the best comedians his style is not for everybody.

thefizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rest in peace, Norm.

grephat_isch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man is a legend. Big love. His steve Irwin bit on daily show a week after Steve died is probably one of the funniest bits I've ever seen.

pudking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norm is dead?

I didn’t even know he was sick.

For an old chunk of coal you brought so much joy to the world.

Rest in peace Norm.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That's unfortunate.

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That really blows. I saw this last night and I was floored, had no idea he was sick. This is said about everyone, but in his case it’s absolutely true: there wasn’t anyone else like him. No one could deliver a joke like him, no one was able to say literally anything and some dark magic he sprinkled on it made it absolutely hilarious. He was the incarnate of comic delivery.

I am selfishly really bummed I’ll never have the chance to see him on stage or hear him purposely bomb an interview again.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

It is a huge loss to comedy, and I hope comedians around the world celebrate his life; SNL, Conan, Letterman he was the looniest guest ever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.