Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

North & South

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released 1989

A satirical and yet somewhat educational look at the Civil War. Charge!

North & South was a great game.

Lionsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lionsy

I'm sure nobody will ever see this, because why would they.

But this game was/is fantastic - I had it on the Atari ST, probably not the best version of it. For a game made in the 80s it seemed to have everything, multiple different game-modes/activities, along the line of The Oregon Trail, fantastic artwork and the line battles were fun, although somewhat short lived. Also. Weather!

Anyone else play this when it came out? This game broke our Atari serial port because the mouse was never plugged in (A Master System controller or a joy stick was), and required for N&S, so it always had to be plugged in, the Atari ST was not built to last.

I'm also amazed this game hasn't been mentioned/played somewhere along the way, maybe it wasn't popular in the states?

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey duder, I see it! In Dan Ryckert fashion, this was one of those games I rented as a young one and it was just too much for my little idiot brain, but now I want to try it again so thank you for the thread!

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have some fond memories of playing this with my neighbor on his Amiga (along with other great classics like Pirates! and Moonstone). Apparently there's a remake out on Steam, although it doesn't seem too faithful to the original.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.