Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Oculus Rift

Accessory »

The Oculus Rift is a virtual reality headset for the PC released in March 2016.

Oculus Rift shipments delayed roughly 2 months

TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

Looks like the estimates have been updated on orders - everyone is getting bumped about 2 months. So if you had March shipping starts in May, etc. Unfortunately I was an April order, so my ship window is 5/30/2016 - 6/9/2016. Guess I'll be waiting a little while to try out VR. Have you gotten your order status updated yet?

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I't's 5/09 - 5/19 for me now. I got an order in at minute 10 and was set to get one in march. I've been combing through threads on reddit for several weeks now, and I'm just about finished obsessing over it. I guess it'll get here when it gets here.

outlawtorn13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@theadmin: I'm in the same boat as you, April moved up to 30/5- 9/6. From some of the posters on Reddit who were given a 2 week delay window then given a shipping notification it seems the new estimates may be really conservative. Not sure how much of that is wishful thinking though.

whur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had already cancelled my rift. I was skeptical about splitting my library with steam and any inevitable Facebook integration since I don't use Facebook anymore. After the streams I cancelled and kept the vive pre order. I hope HTC doesn't run into the same problems

OtterChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry to hear about this, I don't have a Rift on order but do have a Vive scheduled for May. We shall see if HTV/Valve are more successful than Occulus. I imagine the Ebay market for actual in hand Rifts just got a bit spicier.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I ordered within 5 mins and got a March shipping estimate. My Rift shipped yesterday and is arriving tomorrow.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Maybe they'll have something worthwhile to play by then, although thats pretty unlikely.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm in mid July. One thing though, did they say they were covering the shipping costs, or did I misunderstand something?

We'll also cover all shipping and handling costs for orders placed through 11:59 PDT on April 1, 2016.

That was a respectable chunk of money when ordering one from Sweden.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@anund: I believe so. Your order total should reflect the shipping cost subtraction on your order page.

TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

@anund: all shipping is covered up till April 1st orders. Which, for waiting 2 more months, is not much.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@theadmin said:

@anund: all shipping is covered up till April 1st orders. Which, for waiting 2 more months, is not much.

Eh, not much point in having a VR headset right now anyway, for me it seems like a reasonable tradeoff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.