Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Okamiden

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 15, 2011

This sequel to the critically acclaimed Okami returns players to the land of Nippon as the adorably pint-sized, yet still powerful Chibiterasu on a quest to save the land from certain doom at the hands of demons.

Am I the only one that got this?

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I haven't seen a lot of chatter on the forums about this game since release nor a lot of marketing.  Please don't tell me I'm the only one that got this.  This game deserves to be bought and played.  I'm almost 6 hours in and I feel like the game is still in its early stages.  Plenty of fun and Chibiterasu and his child god friends are cute.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

For Capcoms sake I hope you're not.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Afroman269

.....I still need to play the first

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Afroman269 said:
    " .....I still need to play the first "
    You really should.  That game is amazing and really holds up.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By StarvingGamer

Unfortunately last month was DA2 and this month is going to be Portal 2. I'll probably wait until crazy Amazon holiday sales and pick this up with Ghost Trick.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Afroman269
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " @Afroman269 said:
    You really should.  That game is amazing and really holds up. "
    Hmm looks like I'll have to track down a wii copy then. How's the sequel play on the DS? It looks like a game that would have flourished on a console but it's understandable why they went the handheld route.
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Afroman269 said:

" @SethPhotopoulos said:

" @Afroman269 said:
    You really should.  That game is amazing and really holds up. "
    Hmm looks like I'll have to track down a wii copy then. How's the sequel play on the DS? It looks like a game that would have flourished on a console but it's understandable why they went the handheld route. "
    The controls are simplified and so is the combat to make up for the lack of camera control.  The brush stuff works really well and it doesn't get as frustrating as the previous game.  The map is more segmented than the previous game because its on a small cart I'm guessing.  It works well on the DS but I think the art stuff could've been amazing on a 360 and PS3.  
    On that not this has been said or at least on wikipedia.

"Eshiro further commented that he considered Ōkamiden more of a successor to Ōkami than a sequel, desiring to build upon the world for a franchise on the Nintendo DS platform. While Ōkamiden will be a DS title, Eshiro has considered to expand subsequent games to work with the Nintendo 3DS unit based on the game's reception. Similarly, Eshire does not rule out a high-definition version on a modern console or a version for the iPhone or similar touch-screen devices depending on the response to Ōkamiden."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.