Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Oni

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 28, 2001

A heavily anime-inspired third person action game, Oni attempts to blend gun play and traditional brawler gameplay together.

Oni: Anniversary Edition (Mod)

STUVNING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By STUVNING

Found this neat mod while looking for a widescreen fix for: Oni: Anniversary Edition. It provides fixes for the original game and nice inteface for downloading and installing mods. There's lots of great stuff, from re-textures to new combat scenarios.

Granted I have a lot of nostalgia for this game but it's still great fun, the melee combat is surprisingly deep. It does show its age in some spots, e.g. no manual saving coupled with checkpoints that are spaced way too far apart. The enemies wielding ranged weapons also have a tendency to gang up on you.

Also, some of the dialogue is hilarious. Enter the deadly brain!

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Steadying

I remember trying to trade this game in a long ass time ago and they wouldn't give me anything at all for it. Or maybe it was a dollar? Iunno.

I should probably try this game out again at some point just to see if I'm any better at it. :P

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I actually have a copy of this somewhere and never played it. It's probably the oldest game I have that I haven't played. I bet it hasn't aged well at all.

JonnyC0mbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Oh man I loved project Oni. When you got used to the controls it was amazing.

STUVNING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By STUVNING

@mosespippy said:

I actually have a copy of this somewhere and never played it. It's probably the oldest game I have that I haven't played. I bet it hasn't aged well at all.

I've actually spent most of the day playing this (home sick from work)
    If you have zero nostalgia for it I think you're right. There is some merit to the combat but you have to deal with a lot of archaic design to get to it.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I hope have my old copy laying around somewhere... This seems like a perfect excuse to give it another go.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hated this game on the PS2. Still played tens of hours as it was the only game I had when I got my console.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was one of those weird people who didn't hate Oni. I think it was mostly due to playing it on a PC and it ran smoothly and cleanly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.