Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

OnLive

Concept »

OnLive was a cloud gaming service offering video game streaming through a user's computer, smartphone, or TV.

Academic research about Cloud-based Game Platform

shinjikao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By shinjikao

I research an about Cloud-based Game Platform(OnLive,Spoon,Gaikai),and made questionnaire for cloud-based game user, need you help

Study of Players’ Adoption Intention of Cloud-based Game Platform

This is an academic questionnaire. The study aims to probe the adoption behaviors of cloud-based game platform (hereinafter “ the platform ” ). Please answer the questions according to your actual experience by ticking in the □ . The questionnaire is carried out anonymously, and the information and results will be used nowhere other than in academic studies. Please answer these questions at ease and give us advice without sparing. Finally, we would like to express our thanks to you for filling out the questionnaire. :razz:

Questionnaire link
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=zh_TW&pli=1&formkey=dGdORzN1c296aHZNeUlsQlM2a2lhNUE6MQ#gid=0

Institute of Information Management, CHENG-CHI University, TAIWAN

Postgraduate : Jackal Kao

Advisor : Dr. Liou

※ I must be complete this survey ,really need your help! Guys

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By KamasamaK

I'd love to help, but unfortunately I haven't used a Cloud-based gaming service before.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Marz

I answered it, though one of the major reasons i probably won't adopt the platform is that we really got shitty internet speeds here in the US (I'm on a 7mb dsl line and i tried Onlive for a bit and it does not give me the same quality or experience of just playing on a console or PC).  Also the latency between servers and actual user input is a hurdle that needs to be solved before cloud gaming becomes the future.

zyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By zyte

Hmm, I will try out OnLive right now. 

I'll be back and fill your questionnaire in a while.

Joru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Joru

Filled it out for you. I do think that the quality of these systems highly depend on your location right now, so people can have very different experiences with them.

zyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By zyte
    @Zyte said:
    Hmm, I will try out OnLive right now.  I'll be back and fill your questionnaire in a while.
    Filled and done. 
    I live in Sweden and have 24Mb/s broadband, and I must say I was rather disappointed with OnLive. First of all the screen stream was pretty bad, low resolution and low bitrate. Plus I'd say the control delay was about 200ms. So when moving my mouse it took 1/5 a second before the camera moved. 
    I would never buy and play through a whole game with OnLive. Actually, I wouldn't even do it for free. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.