Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

OnLive

Concept »

OnLive was a cloud gaming service offering video game streaming through a user's computer, smartphone, or TV.

Decent quick review video of OnLive

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive

this isnt really youtube spam i hope but really i think this is worth discussing. this guy lays out all of the PROS and obvious CONS of the OnLive launch and just the console/service itself. im very impressed that it literally works JUST like they said it will. im pretty much postive i am getting one now as soon as i can, i honestly can't see why not: 

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By gearhead

Interesting...

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

Interesting indeed. It seems like it works like they aid it does. But is it me, or was the framerate pretty bad? I don't know if it was the console, or the video but the frame rate was noticeably bad. Either way, I can't get it since I'm in toronto. I'm kind of shocked it launched already, I thought it would've been a big deal. I guess he was right, it was a terrible launch.

schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By schizogony

I'm getting 60 frames per second pretty much all the time (I'm in Las Vegas, which is close to the west coast server though). 

I'm loving it so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

@schizogony said:
    " I'm getting 60 frames per second pretty much all the time (I'm in Las Vegas, which is close to the west coast server though).  I'm loving it so far. "
    thats good then. I'm glad it is working well for you.  

Does anyone know when they are gonna have other servers?
    Avatar image for fakeplastictree
    FakePlasticTree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By FakePlasticTree

Lol, I like that guys energy. 

I'm still not entirely sold on OnLive. I love the idea of it, but I will definitely be waiting for a while before trying it out. At least let them work out their launch kinks. 

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @schizogony said:
    " I'm getting 60 frames per second pretty much all the time (I'm in Las Vegas, which is close to the west coast server though).  I'm loving it so far. "
    same here, just got it today and im using it on my 3 year old macbook. amazing.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.