Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

OnLive

Concept »

OnLive was a cloud gaming service offering video game streaming through a user's computer, smartphone, or TV.

OnLive dumps monthly fee

• 52 results
    Avatar image for comradekritstov
    ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By ComradeKritstov
    @Doctorchimp said:
    " @ComradeKritstov said:
    " @Doctorchimp said:
    " Great. I have a gaming PC so onlive is so off my radar it's not even funny.  However! Cloud gaming is something that could be super innovative and hopefully onlive doesn't die out quite yet. "
    Being able to rent single player games on the cheap isn't appealing? "
    A) On the PC, renting games isn't an option. I didn't build it looking forward to renting games. B) I don't rent games anyway...even on my consoles... C) What sort of game would I want to rent and not buy? If anything steam pretty much has demos of stuff I'm iffy on. "
    Singleplayer games with little to no replayability (darksiders, splinter cell conviction). At least that is what I might use it for.
    Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Doctorchimp
    @ComradeKritstov said:
    " @Doctorchimp said:
    " @ComradeKritstov said:
    " @Doctorchimp said:
    " Great. I have a gaming PC so onlive is so off my radar it's not even funny.  However! Cloud gaming is something that could be super innovative and hopefully onlive doesn't die out quite yet. "
    Being able to rent single player games on the cheap isn't appealing? "
    A) On the PC, renting games isn't an option. I didn't build it looking forward to renting games. B) I don't rent games anyway...even on my consoles... C) What sort of game would I want to rent and not buy? If anything steam pretty much has demos of stuff I'm iffy on. "
    Singleplayer games with little to no replayability (darksiders, splinter cell conviction). At least that is what I might use it for. "
    The type of game steam will have a sale on with and sell for 15-20 dollars? Yeah I'll just buy it. 

Even then those are exactly the sort of games I like playing on my consoles so I can get my living room HDTV and surround sound.
    swfcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By swfcfan

I gave onLive a try from my home here in England and even though I only have a modest broadband package (which I could upgrade) and the severs are in the U.S it still  worked well for me!
     I can  definitely see myself at lest renting some games from onLive now  once the list of games expands and the European servers are launched.

Who knows maybe we can stop being Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo fanboys/girls soon and simply become one big onLive gaming love in !!! ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.