Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

OnLive

Concept »

OnLive was a cloud gaming service offering video game streaming through a user's computer, smartphone, or TV.

Onlive getting EU support, voicechat, achievements, indie games..

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Meowayne

It seems the folks over and around onlive have just been waiting for the GDC to announce their plans and to go get a load of new developers on board. This thing - platform, distributing service, whatever it is - seems to be finally taking off in 2011. 

All the news in one place

Among the long awaited features that are to launch "soon" are voice chat, achievements, youtube uploads and, finally, EU payment options which should go hand-in-hand with the launch of the european data centers, which we know have been up and running for a while now. 

More importantly though, they have closed a deal with SquareEnix, they have some major releases coming up in march (like Homefront, Fear 3, AC: Brotherhood) and they are really trying to get indie devs on board, starting with an Onlive release of Amnesia: The Dark Descent, again, "soon". 

No Caption Provided

I for one am excited about this. Sitting in central Europe, I have been playing around with a 200ms lag Onlive for a while now and maybe would have even put some money in it if they had let me (currently, onlive only supports US credit cards). I was sceptical of the service but with EU servers and a bigger game selection this thing could be absolutely awesome for people like me who only own a netbook next to their game consoles.  Right now streaming 720p games to a machine that should not be able to run them is still kind of magical.

I would really suggest everyone to at least try. Its free and easy to install: 
    http://onlivefans.com/news/ 

They just need to get more data centers and PC exclusives up. I can play Assassin's Creed, Braid or Metro 2033 on my consoles. I don't need onlive for that. Give me the long-announced Crysis, The Witcher, games like Anno or some MMOs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.