Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Open World

Concept »

Non-linear level design where the player is able to freely traverse the game world and choose where and when to visit certain areas in the game.

These games need to learn something very important...

h0lgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By h0lgr

Let us make "bookmarks" on the map, and put NAME TAGS on them. 
    Make them permanent. In Just Cause 2, I frequently find cool shit that I want to remember, 
    or come back to later, but you can only put one mark on the map at a time.
    Same with GTA IV, Burnout, Fallout 3, Oblivion, etc.
    Do you guys agree?

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yep, definitely.  Sometimes I get a map of the game online and use MSpaint to mark cool areas.

allprox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By allprox

Yes, absolutely. I can't tell you how many times I searced for that strip club in GTA:SA after forgetting where it was.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MrKlorox

Yeah that's a good idea. As much as I hate Rockstar Leeds' writing, they made some great improvements to the GTA style that haven't made it into the full Rockstar North productions. GTA:CW had a multi-bookmark system similar to what you mention (just not able to be labeled). And GTA:VCS had a better way to catalog what you had accomplished and marked found or completed packages/stunt jumps/etc on the map.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.