Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Operation Darkness

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 24, 2008

Operation Darkness is a turn-based strategy RPG which follows the exploits of a supernatural special forces unit during World War II as they attempt to stop Hitler and his various occult minions.

Is this the original Nazi Zombies game?

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

I mean, it pre-dates COD5 by a year, Dead Snow by two, and basically seems to have invented an entire subgenre without getting any credit for it. Madness.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It kind of did, but that fact that it's borderline unplayable kind of lessens its impact. On paper that game should be right up my alley, but cripes it was a mess.

Avatar image for white_silhouette
    White_Silhouette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I´m pretty sure the whole "Nazis dealing with the occult" thing has been around for a while. I think Return to Castle Wolfenstein had a lot of that stuff in it. But the exact concept of "Nazi Zombies"? I don´t know. There were zombie like creatures in the crypts, but they were from a time before Nazis :P

Maybe some other games did it before?

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@white_silhouette: I don't know why I never thought of that.

Even so, the whole thing seems to have become less sparing in the last few years, and Operation Darkness seemed to be ahead of the curve on that. Alas it never came out here, but I remember reading reviews saying it was at least an unusual premise, which I wouldn't say now.

OGinOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OGinOR

Hmmm..Wolfenstein 3D comes to mind from the mid-90s...with Zombie Guards on the later levels. Operation Darkness is about 20 years late to the party...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.