Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Orcs Must Die!

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 05, 2011

Robot Entertainment's first original game, this downloadable-only title charges the player to defend their fortress from an overwhelming force of orcs and other baddies. Put simply, Orcs. Must. Die! or the fortress will fall

Modding is dead.

Deleth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By Deleth

A guy named EvilEngineer on the official forum was in the process of making an "wave generator" for "Orcs Must Die!" .Yesterdays patch rendered all his work void. It seems like modding isn't a feature the developers of "Orcs Must die!" wanted or are going to support in any kind of way. Instead hindering and working against it. Kind of sad, I was looking forward to it.

Deleth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Deleth

A guy named EvilEngineer on the official forum was in the process of making an "wave generator" for "Orcs Must Die!" .Yesterdays patch rendered all his work void. It seems like modding isn't a feature the developers of "Orcs Must die!" wanted or are going to support in any kind of way. Instead hindering and working against it. Kind of sad, I was looking forward to it.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By matthias2437

Might want to rethink that title. Modding is not dead because one company decided to not allow it. But it terms of no modding in that game it is disappointing. I actually really liked that game, some mods would of been awesome.

Deleth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Deleth

Well it's the "Orcs Must Die!" sub forum afterall. So I think most people would know what I meant. One of the staff responded to the thread on the developer forum. Apparantly it happened by "accident" and they're in fact willing to make it possible to mod the game once more.

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By amomjc

@Deleth said:

Well it's the "Orcs Must Die!" sub forum afterall. So I think most people would know what I meant. One of the staff responded to the thread on the developer forum. Apparantly it happened by "accident" and they're in fact willing to make it possible to mod the game once more.

So you overreacted? I just don't see how Modding is Dead in such a small title like that. When we start to see games like BF3, Unreal, and all the classics stopping modding, then we can say that. Hopefully BF3 doesn't stay unmodded either, BF2 had some amazing modifications.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By tim_the_corsair

I want that game expanded badly, loved it but Nightmare doesn't really interest me.

Deleth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Deleth

@amomjc said:

@Deleth said:

So you overreacted? I just don't see how Modding is Dead in such a small title like that. When we start to see games like BF3, Unreal, and all the classics stopping modding, then we can say that. Hopefully BF3 doesn't stay unmodded either, BF2 had some amazing modifications.

Not really. It took them two days to respond to the enraged modders who were about to stop their work. They stopped modding cold with the last patch. However they now say that it was in fact not "intentional". It still means the modders need to be willing to actually pick it up again and have to redo quite a bit of their work.

Tim, I also hope they expand it. I like the Nightmare mode but it doesn't take that long to complete it.

MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By MaddProdigy

@Deleth said:

Dude people always pull that shit. They waste whole posts just calling you out on stupid shit. Who could have thought you meant modding was dead across all of gaming? Is this the general section?

It's like those people who drop in with "Durrr this has already been posted durr" like oh, really? So I guess once it's posted once on the internet it's just been done and no one else should participate.

God damn forum peeps.

Deleth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Deleth

@MaddProdigy said:

Dude people always pull that shit. They waste whole posts just calling you out on stupid shit. Who could have thought you meant modding was dead across all of gaming? Is this the general section?

It's like those people who drop in with "Durrr this has already been posted durr" like oh, really? So I guess once it's posted once on the internet it's just been done and no one else should participate.

God damn forum peeps.

Well, I decided to answer him anyway. It feels like he's trying to start a fight with me. I just thought such a sudden developement might be of interest to people who actually enjoy this game and would've looked forward to such mods. Hopefully they work something out and those mods are still going to be released.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.