Something went wrong. Try again later

Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 11, 2020

The second Ori game.

doncabesa's Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Xbox One) review

Avatar image for doncabesa
    • doncabesa wrote this review on .

A near perfect sequel.

I was a huge fan of Ori and the Blind Forest. The graphics, story, music, and traversal were all top notch. My main issue with it though was the simplistic combat. Ori and the Will of the Wisps has not only fixed the combat, but created a system that is at the top of the genre.
    The graphics have been massively improved as well, the engine has shifted from 2d pixel models (of impeccable quality) to even better looking 3d models which allows for more dynamic camera movements during cutscenes. The soundtrack is a masterpiece, composed by Gareth Coker. Traversal is smartly improved upon in every way with the new lasso and burrowing mechanics helping you feel like in control at all times. Difficulty is still quite high, but it never felt unfair to me.
    Boss encounters are much improved, with chase sequences returning and feeling better and more fair as well.

If you're a fan of the genre there is no reason to not try this on out on game pass. You will be delighted at finding one of the best games of all time ready for you.