Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Origin

Concept »

A digital distribution platform owned and operated by EA.

Some EA Origin accounts have been hijacked

begilerath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By begilerath

According to this article from Eurogamer some people had their accounts hijacked. It is not clear how spread the problem is but it seems is not something massive. In any case if you have an Origin account you should probably check if you still have access to it and maybe change your password would be a good idea.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

The title of the article makes it seem like an epidemic, but based on the text of said article, it's probably just a few people picking poor passwords and getting hijacked (like what happens on ANY online platform) and EA bungling the customer service side of things.

That said, it's always a good idea to ensure one has a strong password.

aseddon130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By aseddon130

well my account got hacked today, got an email giving me confirmation that my account email address was successfully changed, it went from my usual hotmail address to a 'yandex.ru' email address (i booted up Fifa 12 on 360 to discover that email address)

sneaky fucking bastards, im currently trying to get onto EA live chat to recover it.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By bacongames

Seems like it's all good on my end but thanks for pointing this out.

aseddon130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By aseddon130

i definately recommend changing your password asap just in case your details have been compromised.

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CABBAGES

Just got the aftermath dlc for bf3 so went on to try it out. After a couple of matches went to check on battlelog and i cant log in and now i notice on my xbox it says my battlelog account is kanz0id@mail.ru.

I have just been off live chat with ea for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages and after finally getting them to actually ask me my security question instead of telling me i need to remember what the question was i have the problem sorted.

I asked them if the account on battlelog that was used to hack my account would be banned or anything and they said no i would need to report him.

EA are Fucking aresholes!!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

I just checked my e-mail and no such issues, though I'm going to strengthen my password here in a few minutes just to make sure.

KevinK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KevinK

I've had my EA/Origin hacked twice before by Russian/Lithuanian hackers (based on the email addresses that the account was changed too).  EA really needs to strengthen their database security. The problem isn't on my end, I'm using randomized passwords with a combination of uppercase, lowercase, numbers and symbols. The problem is with whatever encryption they use to save passwords.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.