Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Origin

Concept »

A digital distribution platform owned and operated by EA.

Week-long 50% sale going on at Origin

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

I hadn't started up my Origin client in a good while, but after doing so today, I noticed that pretty much everything is 50% off at the store. The offer doesn't include Star Wars: The Old Republic, pre-orders, virtual currency etc. but I have heard that some folks have been able to pre-order Watch_Dogs_2 at half price.

Going through the store, I don't really know if there's anything here I want to get. Maybe I'll just grab Battlefront to see how it looks on my new GPU?

But anyhow, just use offer code ORIGIN50 at checkout until September 22 if you feel like buying some more videogames. I'm sure that none of you have backlogs stretching to Neptune at this point.

UncleBenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By UncleBenny

LOL, it's the obligatory "oh right, origin exists" time of the... year?

Man, I don't know how I feel about Origin, bad? good? I kind of wish EA would just sell their games on Steam...

omg, I just started Origin and it literally started an update, installed, only to start another update...

anyway, thanks for tip duder.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I'd like to play NFS since I loved NFS Underground 1 and 2 and want to try the new one since it is the first NFS that reminds me of those games. But the game has bad reviews and I am not willing to spend much on it. It is still a €60 game and even with half the price it is too expensive.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Humanity

@isomeri: If I could get Watch Dogs 2 at half price.. hmm!

EDIT: Didn't work, but I guess you can get Mirrors Edge 2 for half off.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#5  Edited By isomeri

@humanity: I've heard that you can only get the discount on the "gold" or "ultimate" or whatever expensive version of Watch_Dogs_2 and only in certain markets.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@dagas: I just need a game that revolves around the drift mode of NFS Underground 1

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@isomeri: Well I'll probably just get it for ps4 anyway. Kinda nervous about how that game might handle on PC - Ubisoft isn't exactly known to put out quality ports and after my recent positive experience with Doom I got to hit the PC dumps once again with Deus Ex working kinda ehhh... Then again you never know where to go these days. I got Grow Up for PS4 thinking that will be a fun small indie game to sit back and play on a console - and it ran really poorly for what it was. That was disappointing. Mankind Divided didn't look amazing from coverage and the tech specs weren't ridiculous demanding, and yet despite looking kinda alright with some nice lighting effects it runs really poorly on my PC for whatever reason. That sort of stuff takes me out of the experience and makes me focus on stutters or load times instead of just leaning back and enjoying the game.

Memu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thanks for info! Picked up Dragon Age: Inquisition GOTY for $20.

Blannir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Any thoughts on the Sims 4? I haven't played since the original and wouldn't mind messing around with a new one for $20.

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@isomeri said:

I hadn't started up my Origin client in a good while, but after doing so today, I noticed that pretty much everything is 50% off at the store. The offer doesn't include Star Wars: The Old Republic, pre-orders, virtual currency etc. but I have heard that some folks have been able to pre-order Watch_Dogs_2 at half price.

Going through the store, I don't really know if there's anything here I want to get. Maybe I'll just grab Battlefront to see how it looks on my new GPU?

But anyhow, just use offer code ORIGIN50 at checkout until September 22 if you feel like buying some more videogames. I'm sure that none of you have backlogs stretching to Neptune at this point.

Rumor on /r/MassEffect is that it works on Bioware points too, incase you need to stock up on ME or DA DLCs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.