Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Outlast

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 04, 2013

Deep within the abandoned halls of Mount Massive Asylum, amateur journalist Miles Upshur sets out to find a good story, and instead finds an evil presence.

Outlast and 32 Bit systems

schreiberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hey guys just a heads up for people on 32 bit systems, you may get an error when starting a new game, a loading circle will appear and some audio will start to play but will then cut off and nothing but a black screen will show. You can still press escape to bring up the pause menu but will be unable to do anything else. To fix this go into options and turn on subtitles (not sure if required) then start a new game. The screen will still go black and the audio will cut out but the subtitles for the section will still play. After this the screen will stay black for a couple minutes (6-7 maximum, i went and got some food) after this a letter will come up on the screen, close the letter and wait for the camera interface to show up. The screen will still be black and when the camera interface goes away it should say saving in the lower left of the screen. At this point the screen should be black with a grey dot in the middle, you should now be able to hit escape and save and quit. Press continue at the main menu and it should load up the first checkpoint with full visuals and audio.

Im not sure what causes this problem other than being on a 32 bit system and hopefully it doesnt happen anywhere else in the game. I found this solution on the steam forums so props to whoever found it out originally.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

They address that in the minimum requirements listed on steam and link to a workaround.

• Additional Notes: * 32 bits systems are not officially supported, but should work if configured to provide 3Gb of user-mode address space. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/bb613473
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Wait, I can't play this on my Sega Saturn then? The fuck man.

schreiberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@pr1mus: that fix didnt work for a lot of people but the game runs fine after that initial problem

Steph21cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hi! i tried everything you said, and it din't work. When it goes back to the main menu, it doesn't say Continue, just New Game and the rest of the options. Can you help me?

Avatar image for harmonicsymphony
    HarmonicSymphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HarmonicSymphony

I have the same problem and i've tried what u said, but it's just worked 1 time, then it didn't work anymore. Is there anyway to fix it? :(

LeonTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dosnt Work, I still got the Camera Interface...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.