Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Outlast

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 04, 2013

Deep within the abandoned halls of Mount Massive Asylum, amateur journalist Miles Upshur sets out to find a good story, and instead finds an evil presence.

OutLast: The Whistleblower DLC Dropping this Tuesday, are you getting it?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll OutLast: The Whistleblower DLC Dropping this Tuesday, are you getting it? (32 votes)

yes 47%
    No 19%
    maybe 34%

This game is about to get real nasty, that's what I like. After playing that waste of time survival-horror game called Daylight. This new DLC for Outlast can help me not think about what I experience from that game.

• 
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

Not right now. $10 seems a little to steep for DLC. Which is a bit of a double standard, since I spent $10 on Daylight. Help.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not right now. $10 seems a little to steep for DLC. Which is a bit of a double standard, since I spent $10 on Daylight. Help.

Yeah, the only thing Daylight did right was give people buyers remorse.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sounds like some narc shit to me. I ain't no rat.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'll definitely be getting it. I loved Outlast and it scared the hell out me. Now I just have to psych myself up to actually play it.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By falserelic

Sounds like some narc shit to me. I ain't no rat.

Don't know why that comment reminded me of this vid.

Loading Video...

Even though the vid is not suppose to be funny, That out of nowhere slap had me dying.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@beachthunder said:

Yeah, the only thing Daylight did right was give people buyers remorse.

Well, it's not exactly like I thought it was good or bad - I've barely played it, but I can't even get it to run at a constant 60 even on the lowest settings :(

On topic, I loved Outlast - it's the closest thing to Amnesia that isn't developed by Frictional.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

You know what? Sure, I'll give them money since i got the game for free. I really enjoyed the game and the atmosphere granted the second half of the game was decidedly less scary than the first but the game always was good at keeping up the tension IMO.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what? Sure, I'll give them money since i got the game for free. I really enjoyed the game and the atmosphere granted the second half of the game was decidedly less scary than the first but the game always was good at keeping up the tension IMO.

It did a great job at giving us the tension, never know what to expect from that game. Though the ending just lost me.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NTM

Yes, I just bought it. Where the heck are the reviews? It was even hard to find it on Metacritic, which already has two 80 scored reviews...

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/outlast-whistleblower

It says 12 minutes left right now. I didn't love the main game, but overall it was a good game and interesting enough for me to be invested in what else goes on in terms of what a story DLC can bring. I'm just a bit disappointed we aren't seeing more info on it whether that be review, article, or even thread wise.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos said:

It did a great job at giving us the tension, never know what to expect from that game. Though the ending just lost me.

Techno-Nazi-Mental-Possession-Ghosts, what's so hard to understand?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Nah. That game become so dull halfway through. Maybe I'll pick this up if I ever go back and finish it.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

So I watched professorbroman (speedrunner on twitch) play this today and holyyyyshit. This game is disturbing. Like, 20 times more disturbing than the original. To me at least. There are some pretty great scare scenes in this. The DLC only took him about a hour and 46 mins though.

In terms of gameplay, don't expect it to do anything different from the original. Same idea of running through corridors with spooky fellows chasing you.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NTM

TWIST SPOILER INCOMING!

This game isn't an effing prequel!? What the hell. It's both a sequel and prequel, play the main game first. I am surprised. Quite good. This is what finished the story of the first game and is really only revealed in the last ten or so minutes, which you may be wondering halfway through since time passes throughout the game.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NTM

@esrever: The sexual stuff is certainly and I had been wondering if others may think it goes too far, and yeah, it's not long, but it's worth it if you were into the main game I think.

Ozzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I got the game free on PS4 so I'll prob buy it just to support the guy and since I really like Outlast, dont' know if I'll have the time to play it though.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Just finished it. Only lasted me a few hours, but they pack a lot into those hours. Overall I enjoyed it about as much as I did the main game. I'd say it's definitely worthwhile if you enjoyed Outlast. Also, some of the imagery you see later on in the dlc is really disturbing. More so than anything in the main game.

JakeMoore1106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Been watching videos of it and it looks amazing. Played the first one and I thought that was amazing. But is this DLC better or is it still good but not better than Outlast?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.