Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Overlord Dark Legend

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 23, 2009

Raise hell with the Overlord and his minions on the Wii.

Overlord Dark Legend Reviews So Far

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Al3xand3r
    The game doesn't have a bad start, it's a shame about the difficulty as it seems to do several things better than the actual Overlord II, including the controls. The Eurogamer review is especially troubling as the text makes the game sound quite a bit better than that, yet it only received a 7. Oh well. Rent it? Here's a trailer but I think they all do a bad job of showcasing the game personally.

83 - 1UP
    The Wii Remote is just plain perfect for directing your horde of minions around the screen. The mouse or analog stick did the job well enough in other versions, but after experiencing the ease of simply pointing where you want the evil little buggers to go break things, it's actually going to be hard to go back to less precise methods. Hell, my never-played-a-videogame-in-her-life girlfriend had no trouble picking the thing up and just going with it, which is something that just couldn't have happened with any other installment of the series. It really is remarkably intuitive, given how complicated keeping track of both your Overlord and a swarm of gremlins can become.
    75 - NGamer UK
    Rock solidly made and full of evil-flavoured charm, but you can't help but wish this had been so much more. The Little King still rules Wii.

70 - Eurogamer
    With its joyfully evil brand of warm humour enlivening every encounter, it's a game that makes you feel good about being bad. And with slick controls and a satisfying blend of action and strategy, it's a game that's never less than enjoyable to play. But while it provides superior controls and less frustration than Overlord II, it regrettably falls down by failing to offer enough of a concerted challenge.
    70 - VideoGamer
    Dark Legend on Wii manages to be an extremely competent third-party offering. It's too easy and suffers from a few technical shortcomings, but the campaign is always fun and entertaining. As an intro to Overlord, Dark Legend does its job.

Somebody's playtrhough, part 1, first 10 minutes, pre-Overlording. Smooth stuff.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By RHCPfan24

If I get a new Overlord, I will probably get Overlord II. Still, I don't have any real desire to play another medieval after all the Fable II I have played over the past few months.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

I was concerned about it's difficulty as soon as I saw the whole fairy tale feel from the Wii trailer.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

Well it may still be good enough, waiting for more reviews. Lots of not-so-hard games are worth playing. If anything I hope that's its biggest issue.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r
    1UP's review added, B+!
    Personally I hate how he keeps going on about what's different between the two "versions" or whatever as "lacking" here. We know it's a Wii game and can't do the PS360 graphics, now move the fuck on and treat it as its own game, because that's what it is. It's not Overlord II, it's not Overlord, it's Overlord Dark Legend and doesn't have the same feature set. Sheesh. Good score despite all that though.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks

The actual sequel looks to be doing well in reviews.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

I don't know, this one seems to only get a single mark less than Overlord II on the websites that actually have reviews of both. 1UP gave this a B+ and Overlord II an A- while Eurogamer gave Overlord II an 8 and this one a 7(they don't have .5 marks). It's doing pretty good so far.

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By ZeroCast

I'm going to give it a try, not bad reviews at all.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Black_Rose

Looks ok, I might rent it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.