Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Overwatch

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released May 23, 2016

A sci-fi multiplayer first-person shooter from Blizzard, in which players can choose from a wide range of Heroes with unique weapons and abilities. It was later discontinued in 2022 for the free-to-play sequel.

Are the console versions of Overwatch any good?

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
    deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I'm a longtime fan of Blizzard and really want to give Overwatch a shot, however I don't have a high powered PC as i'm a college student trying to finish my last year and can't afford a good PC for a while. I have a PS4 and Xbox One though, and would like to give the game a shot but haven't heard much on the games console versions. Any good? If so, which system has the healthiest community. Am I missing out playing it on those?

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've enjoyed the hell out of the Xbox One version, and never had a problem finding a game quickly. I would imagine the PS4 is even better, considering the larger user base. I went with the One version because a buddy of mine plays as well. It runs with no issue whatsoever as well, and considering it's Blizzard, I would guess the PS4 version runs great too.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had the PS4 version since release and yeah it's great.

Every version of the game is perfect

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well over 200 hours in the PS4 version and yes, it is absolutely fine. Great, even.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Plays well on controller. Snipers aren't as effective and in early ranks you'll find troborjgn the bane of your existence but it's a ruddy good port that looks good and runs a smooth 60fps

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plays fine on ps4, and it seems to be that Blizzard is supporting it via updates etc unlike how valve did team fortress.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

#7  Edited By L33T_HAXOR

It seemed fine, but I got the impression the game was designed to be played with a mouse. I've only played like four hours of Overwatch though.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By SSully

I play on the PC, but tried it on PS4 during one of the free weekends this year and it seems to be a good version, but felt incredibly slow compared to the PC version. I suspect it's one of those games that is great where ever you play it, but best on PC.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By kerse

They are fantastic. The only thing I would say is that I'm starting to feel a longing for the mouse and keyboard because I've never been very good at aiming on a console, while I'm decent on a PC. That said, I probably put like 100 hours into the game before feeling that way. So I would say they are absolutely good on the consoles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.