Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Overwatch

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released May 23, 2016

A sci-fi multiplayer first-person shooter from Blizzard, in which players can choose from a wide range of Heroes with unique weapons and abilities. It was later discontinued in 2022 for the free-to-play sequel.

Looks like Overwatch 2 might be a thing!

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

IGN are reporting that a leak suggest that Blizzard are set to announce Overwatch 2 at Blizzcon 2019. Includes new maps, extended co-op features, new abilities for heroes as well as a new hero. There's a few leaked shots showing off Tracer's new abilities.

Article

What do folks think? With World of Warcraft: Shadowlands also rumoured Blizzcon could be interesting, especially given the whole PR mess.

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm very interested. I hope they take this as an opportunity to really re think some core design choices for the main game.

I dont know that I'm really excited for PVE stuff though.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Will be interesting to see the reaction to this. Like will all heroes transition over? Will people enjoy how Blizzard change the heroes with new abilities? Will the cosmetics carry over?

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

The question is will they keep Mei in the game?

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imhungry: they will but she will be a villain that the the other Heroes must defeat to protect the honor and glory of Overwatch's new leader Emperor Xi.

It will also have a new tag line; Overwatch: Even heroes must kneel.

Gundato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool beans. I really enjoyed the various horde modes they added as events

Shame I won't be able to buy it until Blizzard get their shit together. But still frigging cool.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't get it twisted. I'm all in on Overwatch 2 from launch day. I put over 700 hours into Overwatch, played every day for 2 years. I just hope they can recapture the magic it had at the beggining. I hope they have taken lessons learnt from heros/metas and use that to better the sequal.

Please don't take my Zenyatta and Winston away from me!

Matt_Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow - kind of blown away that OW2 might not even get a release in 2021. Makes me think it's having a troubled development and it also makes me worry that all of these resources being ploughed into OW2 means that OW isn't getting the attention it needs.

I feel like my friends are falling off OW and these OW2 delays are just going to make things worse.

chiefbeef123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chiefbeef123

Even if this game is mediocre or "fragments the community" or whatever, I will enjoy it. Sometimes I just wanna put on some Spotify and grind through PVE without worrying whether my Orisa might yell at me because I was healing her instead of damage boosting. I don't even fuck with comp. This is EXACTLY what I wanted more of from Overwatch. If they support it and keep adding more missions, I could see myself playing this for years to come.

@matt_parker I'm not too surprised. It could have a beta this year. There's been some rumors of that. Blizzard is known for announcing something, then either delivering when they think it's ready or having a massively problematic launch (remember trying to play Diablo 3 at midnight?) I'd rather have them rethink things and playtest more and make promises they might not fully follow through with than get something that feels like a $60 game that's still in beta.

@frodobaggins I know this is a shot in the dark, but do you wanna play sometime? I play on PC. Have something like 500 hours. Have never found someone who plays the game regularly and still enjoys it--and isn't toxic. PM me! I usually play support but I'm getting more into Junkrat, Sigma, Ana, etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.