Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Painkiller Hell & Damnation

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Oct 31, 2012

A remake of the first Painkiller and its expansion, Battle out of Hell, using Unreal Engine 3.

Anyone else thinking about getting this?

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sanity

When i first saw this i was wondering what they were thinking, after all the Painkiller series has been shit after the original and its expansion. But seeing that this is basically a better version of the kick ass original i may just get it. I remember playing the hell out of Painkiller when it came out and to this day i still dont think anything has come close to it in terms of the old run and gun genre, i just hope the developer doesn't screw it up as i'v never heard of them and it looks like People Can Fly has nothing to do with it.

Nijntje1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Nijntje1971

I get it when it's on sale. I already own and played the original so no immediate need, but I like to see the game in 'HD' mode. Screenshot are very cool and detailled compared to the original. But full price: no.

destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By destruktive

As my favorite part of the original Painkiller was how fluent the controls worked and playing 1on1 matches, I kinda want to see how the multiplayer pans out first. Maybe this is the thing that makes me go back to that kind of online play. Probably not :(

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ShaggE

I'll wait. I've been burned by every expansion and spinoff, so no more blind buys from this franchise for me.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BoOzak

Well I own 3 different versions of the game so why stop there. (never touched the spinoffs) The only thing that bothers me from what they've shown is the ragdoll, which seems alittle off. I'm still surprised that this series fell as far as it did. I mean how hard is it to make a doom clone that doesnt suck?

circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By circlenine

With only 14 out of 34 possible levels from the original game and Battle out of Hell expansion (where they're getting the levels in the game from) in it, no, I didn't preorder it. I'll wait and see how the DLC situation works out with it and how much it'll actually end up costing to get a full game out of it and not the 4 hours that reviews are saying that it lasts. $20 can buy a lot more than 4 hours worth of game, especially when that 4 hours is just a remake/reimagining/port/update or whatever they ended up actually calling this.

JSwan13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By JSwan13

The quicklook really sold me on it, it seems like a nice time-waster.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.