Avatar image for bobby_the_great
Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By Bobby_The_Great
Not using butter is a great disservice to the greatness that is pancakes. 
WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#102  Edited By WalkerTR77

I had a pretty frightening essay test at 9 am. Had some pancakes and crisp bacon (I'm Scottish but got a taste for it in NY) for breakfast to take away the fear. Threw some chopped banana in the pan and BANG, top drawer.

DarkingDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By DarkingDK

Its quite common here in denmark to eat pancakes with some sort of jam (strawberry or black currant) and white sugar.

Thats the way i like em, but some people also use syrup, only for stuff like brunch (if eating at a cafe) stuff like bacon etc. comes into play.

Never had a pancake with butter, and i dont plan to either!

JakeLogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#104  Edited By JakeLogan

I grew up on my dad's pancakes, which I've come to realise were impressively thin and crispy crepes, a talent for which I've come to appreciate. He'd make huge full pan crepes, line them with butter, a sprinkle of raw sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice - roll them up, cut it in to thirds and split them between himself, my sister and I.

When I make pancakes, I err on the side of thin, usually with maple syrup and not much else. But lately I've been getting posh, folding them into parcels and stuffing them with savoury cheese or sweet cream cheese/fruit fillings.

Zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#105  Edited By Zero_

Lemon and Sugar. Australia. No bullshit. it's awesome.

TheVeteran13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#106  Edited By TheVeteran13

Bacon goes with everything

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8d1874be961
deactivated-5d8d1874be961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheVeteran13 said:

Bacon goes with everything

This, and I usually eat my pancakes with just maple syrup, but God Bless America for the Oreo Cookie Pancake. Had it at a restaurant in Indiana couple of months ago. Talk about sweet chocolate goodness. And it was topped with chocolate syrup. =D

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#108  Edited By yukoasho
This is a real breakfast that real people eat at real Denny's diners.
This is a real breakfast that real people eat at real Denny's diners.

Denny's also serves breakfast all day long. Some of my favorites include the T-Bone steak and eggs and the $4 All-You-Can-Eat pancakes. Of course, they also serve lunch and dinner all day, so if you really need to start your day off with a Double Cheeseburger or a Spicy Buffalo Chicken Melt, they got your back.

GJSmitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By GJSmitty

I...I don't understand the bacon thing guys. When else do you eat bacon if it's not with pancakes?

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By selbie

Pancakes are good, but you haven't lived until you've eaten flambéed Crêpes Suzette. 'tis an orgasmic experience.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By monetarydread

I'm a fan of Raspberry coulis on my pancakes.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#112  Edited By Ben_H
@GJSmitty said:

I...I don't understand the bacon thing guys. When else do you eat bacon if it's not with pancakes?

Whenever you want bacon (Any time possible is a valid time to want bacon. 2AM? Absolutely. 7PM, fantastic time). When our parents went to the lake and it was just me and my brother at our house before he moved out it would not be uncommon for us to just cook up some bacon on the sideburner of our barbeque and eat it throughout the day.  I usually have it in sandwich form with some tomato and cheese but I have had it as a side to Kraft Dinner before when I was feeling particularly trailer trashy. We always have a couple packs of it in our freezer in case we want it.

I don't put butter on my pancakes but I slather them with syrup. I also put syrup on my bacon or breakfast sausages. That is where the real magic is. Extreme sweetness with the saltiness of breakfast meats is a winning combination.
mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#113  Edited By mosespippy

@Chris86 said:

What blows my mind (as a Brit) is that you seem to eat pancakes with bacon? That just seems insane! Do you also eat steak with a side of cookies?

Both go great coated in maple syrup. /canadian

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By SSValis

Yes we do, and it's delicious

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#115  Edited By Daveyo520

Both, but pancakes suck. Waffles are better, and French toast is better than that. Butter and syrup go on those too.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@AlexW00d said:

@spartanlolz92 said:

@AlexW00d said:

Whenever it comes to American food, it is always over the top unhealthy. It's super gross.

have you seen waffle vendors in belgium/ also french desserts

-_- you have no idea

Of course I have, they don't put greasy bacon with pancakes and syrup.

No, but they put a Paula Deen amount of butter into everything. Which is basically just as bad.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#117  Edited By FesteringNeon

I don't make pancakes too often because of the clean up, but when I do have pancakes I try to get the sweet potato pancakes from this local Cajun Cafe in town, with cane syrup. (if you haven't tried them before, and love regular pancakes.. seriously give them a try) Pair that with a Denver crawfish omelette, hashbrowns, and a few strips of bacon. Yum.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By yukoasho

@AlexW00d said:

@spartanlolz92 said:

@AlexW00d said:

Whenever it comes to American food, it is always over the top unhealthy. It's super gross.

have you seen waffle vendors in belgium/ also french desserts

-_- you have no idea

Of course I have, they don't put greasy bacon with pancakes and syrup.

Oh get off it, there's nasty shit all over the world.

For example, the Oreo Scone.

No Caption Provided

From Japan, we have a hilarious stunt by Japanese Burger King which probably mortified the home office back in Miami, FL: The Windows 7 Whopper.

No Caption Provided

From the Republic of Georgia with love, we have something called Adjaruli Khachapuri, which is eggs, cheese, butter baked in a boat of bread.

No Caption Provided

Continuing our nasty shit world tour, we go to Malaysia for fried chicken skins. Not fried chicken. Fried chicken skin. By itself.

No Caption Provided

I'll stop for now, but I do hope people realize that everyone's got some crazy shit on their menus. And that's a good thing.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#119  Edited By Milkman

@YukoAsho: For the record, I would eat all of that. Especially fried chicken skins. It may sound gross but everyone knows that's the best part.

Avatar image for darkdragonmage99
darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Butter  syrup  and egg yolk oh and some  fried potatoes  sausage and bacon fuck if your gonna eat an unhealthy breakfast you might as well do it up.   

I don't tend to eat pancakes to dam much work I prefer to make french toast. 

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By yukoasho

@Milkman said:

@YukoAsho: For the record, I would eat all of that. Especially fried chicken skins. It may sound gross but everyone knows that's the best part.

I'd probably try the chicken skins and Adjaruli Khachapuri out of curiosity more than anything else, but I WOULD try that all.

I will say this about the Win 7 Whopper though: If eating a burger involves anything other than pickup and bite, it's not a fucking burger. There's no way you can eat that thing without involving utensils of some kind.

cid798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By cid798

Fried chicken & waffles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.