Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pancake

Object » linked to 51 games

They come in many different flavors, such as blueberry, apple, chocolate chip, and the list goes on. Pancakes are often served with syrup and butter. In Scandinavia, they may be served with sugar, jam, or 'brown cheese'.

Exciting News From Your Friends At Giant Bomb

FirebirdINF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1251  Edited By FirebirdINF

A little anxious, but glad that the corporates got it through their thick skull that a new direction for video game coverage is needed. Lets hope they dont start disnefucking raw talent again and instead pay attention to where the audience is going rather then trying to stuff our faces with some prescribed ideas. And it only took five years for them to come around! I am not super confident. I hope Jeff either got more control or a very good insurance policy that he can keep doing what he feels is right rather than get seduced by corporate smartguys away from focusing on the audience.

As for the subsription, I am glad I supported the better approach to covering videogames. It was so on point that it needed support. As long as I feel that its necessary to pay money to get a good product, I will keep doing so. If the ad-supported products out there either cop or innovate the best approach, then I will consume for free.

Good luck to you guys, but be smart about your business side. Remember: you are the talent and you are what they sell. So dont corrupt yourselves because no one will want to buy you.

Overall Awesome news!

JuggaloAcidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1252  Edited By JuggaloAcidman

I'm going to stick around but... I'm going to miss the indie feel of GiantBomb and the rest of Whiskey Media! I'm not alone either.. Indie is a word being thrown around alot right now. I make indie films for youtube http://www.youtube.com/makeshifttvnetwork I was inspired by GiantBomb's crappy yet awesome videos... Can't help but feel they "sold out" alittle. But like I said.. I'll stick around!
    Avatar image for startyourengine
    startyourengine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

best of luck, GB crew, if things don't work out, there will always be options by then. love this site.

MadMackem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1254  Edited By MadMackem

Congrats guys, hopefully giantbomb stays giantbomb.

Washburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1255  Edited By Washburn

I have no doubts about the Giant Bomb crews integrity.I want to state that up front. These guys have done videogame coverage right as far as I'm concerned. think the only concern I (and maybe some others feel) is that Giantbomb has such a good thing going and it's a straight fact of the universe that if a large corporation provides funding for you, they will always hold all the power because they can take it away. I will definitely continue to support the Giant Bomb crew. I don't have any bad feelings against Gamespot or any of the other big sites like IGN except for the crazy web design that almost gives people a siezure when you hit their homepage. That's one of the reasons i've been a paying premium Giantbomb member since day one. The other reason is their unique (and behind the scenes) content. So I'm still with ya GB crew, and look forward to the future, Hope things don't change too much.

ZombieFoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1256  Edited By ZombieFoot

As long as the great stuff you guys produce keeps coming I got no qualms.

You guys have been (as lame as this sounds) a BIG influence on me, I couldn't be more happy for you all.

I just want to take the time to say thanks, and I hope to see great things from the giant bomb and comic vine staff in the future.

capt_ventris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#1257  Edited By capt_ventris

FOR LIFE

Andtheworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1258  Edited By Andtheworld

As long as you guys stay the way you are now, I'll keep being a premium member. You've been keeping me entertained for two years now, so thanks.

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1259  Edited By SSValis

this shit is bananas

On1inepersona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1260  Edited By On1inepersona

Its sad to see the split, but I hope this is good for everyone

but you know what? I trust you guys to know whats best.

cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1261  Edited By cjmabry

:(

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1262  Edited By selbie

You guys made me crave a stack of pancakes. This day just gets better and better.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1263  Edited By Grimluck343

The person I feel the worst for? Matt Rorie.

kosayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1264  Edited By kosayn

I see the appeal of them being independent and lacking resources, but at the same time - I'm kinda tired of such a good site getting blank stares from real gamers when I mention it in conversation. The stuff this site makes, and the influence it's had on the content of other websites - how many other game sites do their own version of quick looks and live multi now - it deserves a wider audience than it has. You can't get a big audience for anything in this world just from quality. You need influence, too, and cash.

FirebirdINF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1265  Edited By FirebirdINF

@Chrjz:

I think GameSpot sees GiantBomb as the "mature" gamer site, while GameSpot will be more kid-friendly and family-values etc. That's why GB will continue to swear and GS will continue not to. With two non-overlaping audiences, the network will have more hits and sell more ads for more $$$$$. Thats what GameSpot gets out of it. They got a valuable brand with a loyal and valuable audience.

GameBomb's audience is older and (hopefully) richer, so they will be able to ad valuable revenue. Plus it appears that premium subscription money is going to GameSpot. I am a little concerned about this because that means Jeff is not controlling his budget. In the GameStop video with British John, Jeff put in a request to rent a bar for E3. It also seems like GS and GB will be competing for resources (like the green room, video equipment, in short budget) with GS. This is kinda worrying, because editorial control is fine, but if you dont control your own budget, they can starve you till your audience gets distracted. Specifically, if GameSpot and CBS gets uncomfortable with something GB is doing or if Jeff causes controversy again, then CBS can drop a ton of bricks. I hope Jeff has a fat severance package negotiated in case they push him out and keep his brand.

It is a sellout. The question is: Was is a good deal? Did GS buy a competitor it wants to eliminate or did it buy a product line that will be the direction of its future growth. If the demographics of the gamer audience continue to develop the way they have, GB should grow in relative importance within the GameStop network. Hopefully Jeff and the gang have the shit to hang on for the ride and come out on top.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdb69f34ac28
    deactivated-5cdb69f34ac28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@Brighty said:

@DiGiTaL_SiN said:

I really think everyone needs to watch this. Seriously. This will alleviate almost 90% of peoples' kneejerk reactions and doubts about this whole thing. It's absurd the level that this has been taken amongst certain people in the GB community. Jeff and co. are good guys, they're still good guys, and even though it's easy to paint a faceless corporate organization as the "enemy', it simply isn't the case here and it isn't true. The people that were responsible for the whole debacle that started GB don't even work for Gamespot anymore. Stop freaking out, they're good guys, they wouldn't be doing this if they felt like they would be compromising their integrity or what they stood for. It's really sad how quickly some of you guys would turn on longstanding members of the GB crew without a second thought just at the mention of "GameSpot", it's so incredibly disrespectful.

Thanks for sharing this. It does help me relax quite a bit. It's good to finally be able to watch a video about this. Since I live in China (moved here back in 2010), JustinTV doesn't work for me, so when I first saw everything, I was completely confused by it. This is the first time I've been able to hear anyone from GB actually talk about it - not including what Dave wrote, which is not really what I was looking for.

We'll all be able to see in the long run what happens. Everyone should just sit tight and see the reality of it all before saying goodbye to GiantBomb.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1267  Edited By Hizang
    rniemeijer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1268  Edited By rniemeijer

poopwarfare

icemk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1269  Edited By icemk

End of an era as it exists right now... As long as giantbomb is able to do the things as they have been doing, I'll support them and them only... I lost faith in gamespot long time ago.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1270  Edited By Grimluck343

@Ariketh said:

@Brighty said:

@DiGiTaL_SiN said:

I really think everyone needs to watch this. Seriously. This will alleviate almost 90% of peoples' kneejerk reactions and doubts about this whole thing. It's absurd the level that this has been taken amongst certain people in the GB community. Jeff and co. are good guys, they're still good guys, and even though it's easy to paint a faceless corporate organization as the "enemy', it simply isn't the case here and it isn't true. The people that were responsible for the whole debacle that started GB don't even work for Gamespot anymore. Stop freaking out, they're good guys, they wouldn't be doing this if they felt like they would be compromising their integrity or what they stood for. It's really sad how quickly some of you guys would turn on longstanding members of the GB crew without a second thought just at the mention of "GameSpot", it's so incredibly disrespectful.

Thanks for sharing this. It does help me relax quite a bit. It's good to finally be able to watch a video about this. Since I live in China (moved here back in 2010), JustinTV doesn't work for me, so when I first saw everything, I was completely confused by it. This is the first time I've been able to hear anyone from GB actually talk about it - not including what Dave wrote, which is not really what I was looking for.

We'll all be able to see in the long run what happens. Everyone should just sit tight and see the reality of it all before saying goodbye to GiantBomb.

Outside of the Jeff incident, GameSpot has a long and storied history of being a shit show (and not in the good way that GB is normally a shit show). There's a reason I hadn't been to that site in five years prior today.

Also:

"I didn't get fired over the Kane and Lynch review!"

"Then why did you get fired?"

"Because I gave Kane and Lynch a bad review. And now I'm back!"

I think that there's a very realistic chance that this ends horribly.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1271  Edited By devilzrule27

I just hope that ads like this don't find there way to Giantbomb or at least can be blocked with a membership still

No Caption Provided
    dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#1272  Edited By dethfish

I hate change

tanookigt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1273  Edited By tanookigt

I used to be an administrator over at Gametrailers.com, years and years ago. I was pretty much in charge of the community side of the site, forums, 'gamepads' and usermovies. Then one day, my boss told me they were being bought by MTV. GT's motto had always been 'quality first.' But after MTV took control, it all went downhill. It became a rush for users and hits. We couldn't ban the retards, because GT wanted them to stay as users. We had to watch our swearing. We had to change everything to become more sterile and 'professional.' I quit shortly after.

The end result is that the community went to shit, and the site has never been the same. I only hope GB is not heading down the same path.

FirebirdINF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1274  Edited By FirebirdINF

Here is what I hope GB keep:

1. game criticism akin to movie criticism

2. inside track with developers

3. quick looks, the three hour podcast, the jar hour

4. ad-free version

Here is what they will probably lose:

1. the feeling that they are putting their soul into everything they do. that anxiety of ownership.

2. resource limitations and the sympathy that gained - the seduction of a struggling artist

Here is what I hope they gain:

1. continue to lead and innovate game coverage in the direction of serving a maturing gamer audience. Dont take it in the direction of Access Hollywood for games (like IGN is doing), but toward Roger Ebert, Charlie Rose.

2. covering more things (they will now be able to go to europe and japan more often. korea?)

3. better video performance on the website

ErisRon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1275  Edited By ErisRon

Duders, as long as the nature of content doesn't change, this will remain as my premiere site for gaming and I'll support you all the way. I'm just sad that the name Whiskey Media will go away...there's just something in it that sounds really cool.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1276  Edited By N7

Just got done watching the desk of videos today and I must say that I'm as excited for this as anyone. Not just for the sake of the website, but also what it means for the staff.

At first I was EXTREMELY displeased, but upon further investigation, I think this fit is more than natural. Giant Bomb is more Gamespot than we might remember(Having consisted mostly of Gamespot crew and all), and I think that this will do wonders for what you guys do.

I'm really glad that this isn't the end of Giant Bomb. I'm happy you've kept it clear that everything will be as it has been, but better and even more of it.

Now, get out there and enjoy yourselves. You've earned this.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1277  Edited By xymox

CNET / CBS sites seem to stagnate. It's like they roll with what works and there's nothing new and no interaction between the sites... Like owning Last.fm and Mp3.com, two sites serving almost the same purpose, or Screened + Tv.com... gamespot and giantbomb. Doesn't make much sense tbh. Am I wrong here?

-

I support stock brick walls for the greenscreen. What if the bricks were on fire?

Rasgueado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#1278  Edited By Rasgueado

Sooooo... you're saying it's going to be the same content, with the same guys, on the same site... sans a bar. Well... I'm sure you'll make do somehow. =)

KingX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1279  Edited By KingX

well, your choics and might be a good deal in this day and age. But of course it sad to hear that you guys needs these big ass corporations to be able to stay alive. But as long as GiantBomb is what giantBomb is and not becomes what Gamespot has become things will probably work out fine :)

Oh and Jeff, will you go on and chooce a empty cardboard box over a bad game again ? :D

Mdk5631

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1280  Edited By Mdk5631

Goodbye Giant Bomb!

you were a great site...

Have fun being rich GB Team!

Bummlmitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1281  Edited By Bummlmitz

What?

Xbox420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1282  Edited By Xbox420

GameSpot is still shit IMO but I'm happy for Jeff and company. He seems genuinely happy about moving back, and it really feels like things are coming full circle. John Davison is a good guy and I really believe GB will be safe as long as he is in charge. Plus, if everything goes to shit, Jeff and co. could just start up another site (I do believe they own boomstick.com, thwomp.com, and BatmanBatmanBatman.com)

It feels so surreal seeing Davison interview Jeff about joining GameSpot btw. I'm pretty sure he was on the 1up yours when they discussed Jeff getting canned.

Jumanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1283  Edited By Jumanji
    @devilzrule27 said:

I just hope that ads like this don't find there way to Giantbomb or at least can be blocked with a membership still

No Caption Provided
    I'm running adblock, flashblock and noscript and I see no ads at all at gamespot.
    WhoopAssRambo3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1284  Edited By WhoopAssRambo3

you lot look pleased, so I guess this will turn out all right.

good luck. stay true to your fans.

H.

Tamaster92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1285  Edited By Tamaster92

Surprised no one has said this yet but as worries as I am I trust the guys, so good luck and have batman.

havoc414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1286  Edited By havoc414

Macabros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1287  Edited By Macabros

Well it seems this was bound to happen sooner than later, and since whiskey was being sold they had no options and had to look for back up. Right?

I am not saying everything will turn to shit, but it sure won´t be the same around here neither. Sad, sad day!

smiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1288  Edited By smiddy

Well that came as a complete shock, and quite an unwelcome idea. I know some people say change is good, but quite often it can be a horrible experience, especially if it's to something that you love.

I've never seen a more loving community that the one here on Giant Bomb. People came here for a reason, and it grew so fast for that same reason, because it was something different. People fell in love with what Giant Bomb offered, and the guys have proven time and time again that they will stand by their values and be all round great people to follow.

That's why when they tell us that Giant Bomb will continue to be Giant Bomb I believe them. I feel like I've listened to them enough to get an idea of the people they are, and I'm confident in their word. I want nothing more than for them to be able to grow in what ever way they want. I just hope they never lose that amazing spirit that's gotten them this far.

My only dislike out of all of this is the breaking up of the Whiskey Media family, namely Giant Bomb and Tested. Those two sites have had a great connection ever since Tested showed up, and I always felt like they were a great fit. It's sad to see them go their separate ways, but it looks like they're both going onto bigger and hopefully better things.

Best of luck to everyone.

dynamix91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1289  Edited By dynamix91

I hate to be a wet blanket but I can't muster any enthusiasm for this news. Don't get me wrong, I'd never suggest anyone deny something that they want and have earned just to appease me. I'm sure this deal is lucrative for you guys, and you deserve every penny.

With that said, purely from the standpoint of a fan, I've seen this kind of thing end badly too many times. An independent entity gets bought up by a larger corporation with the intention to change little, just upgrade the existing product. That's what happens at first but over time the higher-ups want more, start sticking their noses in where they don't belong.

Maybe Jeff is 100% right and his new bosses are all great people who really get what he's trying to do, but in the corporate world assets are bought and sold on a daily basis, who's to say the same people will be in charge in a few years?

I truly hope I'm wrong about this because you guys have something great going here. Unfortunately, in my experience the end result of any corporate involvement where there previously was none, very rarely ends up with a better product for the fans than when it was just a bunch of good guys doing their thing with no one to answer to.

havoc414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1290  Edited By havoc414
    devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1291  Edited By devilzrule27

@Jumanji said:

@devilzrule27 said:

No Caption Provided
    I'm running adblock, flashblock and noscript and I see no ads at all at gamespot.

I'm not anti ads so I'm not going to go through the trouble of installing a boatload of ad blockers. I just don't like intrusive ones like the one I posted. Again hopefully it will be "blocked" with a good ol GB membership.

d0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1292  Edited By d0x

I love Giantbomb..Ive never been a fan of Gamespot. I hope this works out, I hope they leave it alone and let it be what it is like they did with gamefaqs. Good luck to all!

Sadza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1293  Edited By Sadza

Good luck guys, loved your work on Gamespot back in the day. The GB site has been an amazing ride. This seems like a wierd decision, but there has to be some good reasons for it. Personally, I'll follow the GB crew wherever they go.

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1294  Edited By xxizzypop

@Lepton said:

In other words, you guys always intended to sell out when the money was right instead of building up the business yourselves and relying on the community you helped to build.

Say goodbye to three hour Bombcasts. Best start pumping out more Quick Looks for your corporate masters.

It seems like you haven't watched the GB/GS interview. I was skeptical until watching, whereby Jeff started promising (perhaps a bit off hand) three hour podcasts and a desire to basically get publishers and developers drunk at E3 and have them blab into a microphone for five hours.

Their enthusiasm, while tremendous to a point of being off-putting, seems legitimate. They seem excited to go to CBS and work alongside GameSpot, as well as to have a a budget and the ability to do crazy things.

Also, it seems like this was more of Shelby Bonnie's deal and all of the sites are doing their best to head in a direction that will allow them to continue to exist in relatively the same way that we know and love them. If the crew is promising that Giant Bomb will be what Giant Bomb has always been, then at this point, I'm going to have to believe them and hope for the best.

Frankly, I started visiting here and listening to the Bombcast during my senior year in high school, and I have watched endless hour of quick looks and live mischief and listened to literally every podcast to date. These are passionate guys who have made a passionate website with a passionate community, for better or worse. It's no surprise that reactions like this come up and they're going to for a good long time, but if they thought for a second that something about that deal would stifle any of those passions, then I trust that they'd have found another way to continue on.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1295  Edited By McGhee

Yeah, it's exciting like your house is on fire exciting.

ashriels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1296  Edited By ashriels

Sad day for journalistic integrity.

JRock3x8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1297  Edited By JRock3x8

I sincerely hope that CBS interactive showed up at GB HQ with a dump truck full of cash today and just started unloading it and the driver says "just say when" and I'm picturing Jeff standing there vigorously rubbing his hands saying "keep it coming!" After all the shit he went through I hope he gets paid like a mofo.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1298  Edited By Branthog

The only reason CBS would take on GB is as a vehicle for selling advertising, which places GB right back in the same old bullshit of the community being a product; not a customer, which is what I came to GB to escape in the first place and why I've subscribed up through 2014 and given them so much support ($400 in subscriptions for myself and the ones I've given away). No matter how independent they claim GB will be able to remain, catering to advertisers is absolutely the primary requirement, now (CBS isn't doing this altruistically).

So, I'm happy for whatever success and reward this brings to the staff and if the content remains, that's good, too. Just don't expect me to jizz all over myself at returning to old-media masters (especially CBS for fuck's sake). This will be interesting to watch play out, but I think we all should have seen this coming. It's what the internet is for. Make something and sell it to a bigger company.

Who knows. Maybe it'll be absolutely the same several years from now. Or maybe it won't. It'll be interesting to watch. I hope the crush of GameFAQ mouth-breathers doesn't crush the life out of the forums. Even if everything was magic unicorns about the acquisition, they can't control the likely influx of GameFAQ/GameSpot forum members. (And say what you want about our forums -- they are not even remotely as disgusting as the aforementioned which are like a wasteland of retardation). And, of course, the changes don't happen over time. They happen slowly. Just because people tell you "hey, you are totally autonomous! We're not going to change a thing!" doesn't mean that's the truth.

CBS is shit. Look what they've done in the radio arena. They have fucked the shit out of a lot of stations and lied to their talent and their audiences. Tell them one thing; secretly do something else behind the scenes. Then one day, everyone comes to work to find out that CBS just fucked them in the ass. Fired everyone. Replaced them with a dude from a thousand miles away plus a bunch of automation. Or dumped one of their top stations to turn it into a simulcast station for their right-wing mouth-breather AM talk show douche bag. I've seen all of this happen to some of my best friends in the media under CBS - so excuse me if I don't react to "hey guuuuys, it's all totally gonna be the same! they totally love what we do and support us 100% and will let us do whatever we want!" with any degree of credibility.

I've seen too much of the reality of these situations and been part of too many mergers and "synnergies" to be anything but skeptical. I hope for the best; expect the worst.

Also - what do they mean "the story of about Jeff being fired"? The story was always that Jeff quit. Unless that was part of some exit-strategy where it was agreed he would be able to claim he quit (which would benefit CBS, because calling it a firing would have absolutely and completely proven the truth behind the whole Kane and Lynch dirtiness).

Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1299  Edited By Picard

wtf

Mdk5631

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1300  Edited By Mdk5631

@Branthog: That is how the corporate world is, cancel your sub (like I did yesterday) and wish them the best.

The only thing that makes me sad is how blind everyone is to it.

A lot of people posting here have the attitude of: "No man, THIS TIME the corporate takeover will be different! Giantbomb will stay independent"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.