Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pandora's Tower

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 26, 2011

An Action RPG about a girl who turns into a terrible beast unless she eats the hearts of monsters and the guy who's killing those monsters for her.

I just want you to love me! (a cry for help)

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By YI_Orange

I'm pretty much at the end of this game(I've opened the doors to the dawn/dusk boss). I haven't read anything except to find out that there's multiple endings, and that you need 8-10 affinity for the best ending. Unfortunately, I made it through this game rather easily. Most towers took me one or two runs. I spent most of my money on presents for Elena and talked to her every chance I got. After opening the doors I was at 6 affinity(I'm pretty sure anyway). I spent at least half an hour giving her everything she would take and sleeping for new dialogue options. Basically I'm grinding love. All that got me was up to 7 though. Is there a quick method for boosting her up to 8 or do I just need to go grind for a couple hours and shower her with gifts and conversation?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

@yi_orange said:

Basically I'm grinding love.

Wrong answer.

In all seriousness, I spent quite a bit of money on Elena, and I didn't get the best ending. I suspect to get through the game, you really have to spend all your money on the girl. It's the least you could do. Also, throw some berries and foreign language material her way every now and then. And spend some time with her; some unique events happen depending on the time of day.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By gokaired

Also what you might not notice is every time the affinity chain goes in the red hurts your good ending, even if it's a few minuted. The shorter time you spend in dungeons in a way the less you need to. It really is a rush for time.

I really liked this game :)

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@gokaired: Yeah, I figured that out, but my understanding is that once I beat this boss my ending is decided.

@video_game_king: That's what I feared. Looks like it's grinding for me!

Caesar_Agustus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Caesar_Agustus

There are also some new things to buy her in new game+ (yes there is one and you don't need to really play anything again) and hidden through those red doors you couldn't open before. Otherwise just try to find the special events triggers(there is one at like 7:00 or 8:00 in the morning if it helps)

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I got this game last Christmas and have yet to really play it (Almost finished Xenoblade and The Last Story though - I tend to jump between games often). That said, I did play the first Introductory part and got to the first point you can start building the affinity gauge with the girl and I thought "This looks like a neat side-thing". This thread has pointed out my naivety: how could I have thought it was just a 'side-thing'. I am so foolish! I see myself 'grinding love' in the future as well.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#8 Mento  Moderator

NG+ is a lot of fun with that stake-launcher weapon, so even if you miss the good ending the first time around you can try again in the second. Like others have said, the game makes it easier to hit that goal the second time through with the unlocked content. I think you retain all your gear too, which means you don't need to spend any money on anything but her. It's also important to always ensure you're back before the clock has hit the 3/4 (or 9 o'clock) point. Start moving back at around 7 or 8 o'clock to be safe, or stock up on those warps.

Man. The affinity aspect is meant to be all about sacrificing useful resources for the sake of another's happiness, but the way we're going on makes it sound like she's a clingy gold-digger. Dating sim aspects in RPGs always seem a bit weird, I suppose.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mento: She's surprisingly useful though, that can't be said for most these days women.

ZZZZZZZZZZIINGGGG!!

(sorry, I couldn't help it XP)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.