Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Papers, Please

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 08, 2013

A graphical adventure game about Cold War-era immigration control, where players take the role of an immigration inspector who must control the flow of people entering a fictional Soviet-style nation. Glory to Arstotzka!

Couple of problems

Xavtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Xavtron

The first I think I just didn't pay attention, but how do you interrogate based on things people tell you, like that they're staying for 6 months but the permit says 2 days, can't figure out how to highlight it.

Also when the people go through the body scanner I select the photo and the no contraband on the rules, it says no correlation but then I get a notice saying I let through possible smugglers, anyone got any ideas?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@xavtron said:

The first I think I just didn't pay attention, but how do you interrogate based on things people tell you, like that they're staying for 6 months but the permit says 2 days, can't figure out how to highlight it.

Also when the people go through the body scanner I select the photo and the no contraband on the rules, it says no correlation but then I get a notice saying I let through possible smugglers, anyone got any ideas?

Pull up the transcript.

Click the item not the photo its self. Like the actual contraband item.

Xavtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that for when they tell you the wrong thing not the body scanner?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@xavtron said:

Is that for when they tell you the wrong thing not the body scanner?

When someone has contraband on them you nee to scan them. Then click the contraband item. Then click the rule for it. You should get the option to detain them.

Xavtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok thanks, I must have not clicked on the right thing in the photo

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@xavtron said:

ok thanks, I must have not clicked on the right thing in the photo

Yeah, the game is picky (understandably so - bureaucracy is also very picky). You can click on the photo as a whole (though I don't believe there is anything meaningful you could ever connect it with), or you could click specifically on the contraband taped to their body.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I dont know how to body scan people. It's not very intuitive

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ravelle

It can be quite confusing, I had trouble with it as well. Would have been nice to have a little tutorial instead of a rule pamphlet.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BisonHero

@fallen189 said:

I dont know how to body scan people. It's not very intuitive

You have to find a reason to body scan someone. The button will only appear to scan someone once you have found a discrepancy. Examples include:

• early in the game, for a day or two, your rulebook states you should scan anyone from Kolechia. Using the "inspect mode" thing, connect that rule in your rulebook to anywhere in their documents that it says Kolechia. Yes, that's a lot of steps, but it's a game about bureaucracy, so that's what you signed up for.
    • later, you will have to compare people's weight to what their documents say their weight should be. When they're in your booth, they're standing on a scale, and you can see their current body weight on the right side of your desk (the complete opposite side from where the clock is). If they are ever a few kilograms heavier than their documents suggest, use the "inspect mode" to connect their current weight to the line in their documents that lists their weight. Most of the time they're heavier because they have a few kilos of medicine, drugs, or weapons on their person, but I think it might be possible that they just got fatter?
    kickahaota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Another thing you can use the scanner for (and the only place I've found where clicking on the whole scanned pic does any good):

• You see someone and say "is that really a dude/lady?"
    • Inspect the "M" or "F" on the passport against the passport picture or against the person.
    • If it says "MATCHING DATA", then put your doubts aside and go on with the transaction.
    • If it says "DISCREPANCY DETECTED", then interrogate.
    • The person will naturally deny a problem.
    • Click SEARCH.
    • Now inspect the "M" or "F" on the passport against the whole scanned image.
    • If it says "MATCHING DATA", then apply brain bleach and go on with the transaction.
    • If it says "DISCREPANCY DETECTED", then interrogate, deny and/or detain.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.