Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Papers, Please

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Aug 08, 2013

A graphical adventure game about Cold War-era immigration control, where players take the role of an immigration inspector who must control the flow of people entering a fictional Soviet-style nation. Glory to Arstotzka!

Invalid height? WTF!

joshck94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi,

I keep getting a citation for invalid height. How in the hell do you even check the height? I read something online about a height chart, but I can't find it.

Josh

vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's right behind them (on the wall).

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshck94: There is a height chart in the background behind the person. You can see how tall they are supposed to be on their ID

joshck94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@vilhelmnielsen: I feel like an idiot, but where is this chart? Also, how does the fingerprint system work? How do I tell the person is who they said they are? It said no known aliases, but somehow the fingerprints did not match.

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Mijati

You see the numbers behind the person? That's their height in meters.

So that guy is about 1.7M

joshck94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mijati: damn, that's sneaky! I had to look at the picture like 10 times before I saw it. But, how exactly does the fingerprint system work? I thought it said no known aliases that the person was who they said they were?

Laiv162560asse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Laiv162560asse

@joshck94 said:

@mijati: damn, that's sneaky! I had to look at the picture like 10 times before I saw it. But, how exactly does the fingerprint system work? I thought it said no known aliases that the person was who they said they were?

It's the other way around. If there are known aliases then the person is known to legally use different names, so a name mismatch may be legit. If there are no known aliases, then the person has no reason to have a mismatched name. You can highlight where it says 'no known aliases' and compare it with the dodgy name to give yourself a reason for denial.

A fingerprint mismatch is always, always a denial (as far as I know - I've only been playing the game since yesterday). If their fingerprints don't match what you have in the database, then they can't come in. The only valid reason for it would be if they've had a finger transplant or if your records are wrong, and records of glorious Arstotzka cannot possibly be wrong so DENIAL.

BTW you can use Inspect mode to compare the fingerprints too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.