Paragon shuts down for good on 4/26/18

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Slag (8157 posts) -

I knew the game was struggling and Fortnite was getting all the dev attention but never actually expected it to close altogether

https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/en-US/news/paragon-to-close-on-april-26

"After careful consideration, and many difficult internal debates, we feel there isn’t a clear path for us to grow Paragon into a MOBA that retains enough players to be sustainable.

We didn’t execute well enough to deliver on the promise of Paragon. We have failed you -- despite the team’s incredibly hard work -- and we’re sorry.

To try to make this right, Epic is offering a full refund to every Paragon player for every purchase on any platform. This refund will come directly from Epic rather than your platform provider."

I will say hats off to Epic for their refund offer, that's incredibly generous (even if it ends just being some sort of Epic bucks) and shows a rare amount of integrity.

I only played Paragon a few times, but what I did play felt like a bit of a confused mess compared to other MOBAs. Still it seemed like they were close to something that could have been ok.

But regardless , it's always sad to see a game die permanently and is perhaps my least favorite aspect of the digital age.

#2 Posted by Jynx (22 posts) -

Does this seem like a really quick death? It feels like it only came out a little while ago. Didnt play much of it but seems like it was being crushed by its much more polished rivals.

#3 Posted by Mike (17993 posts) -

Two topics about this, the other one has more replies.

https://www.giantbomb.com/paragon/3030-51414/forums/shutting-down-april-26-1818406/#8

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.