Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Patapon 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Nov 27, 2008

Patapon 2 is the sequel to the original critically acclaimed real-time musical/rhythm strategy game, Patapon.

The Playstation Zeitgeist Episode 6: No Patapon 2 for me. :(

NovidAnon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By NovidAnon

The Anon of the Internet is saddened. 

I am happy that my PSP has been fixed. 
    But now Patapon 2 has no UMD.

UGH. 

I loved Patapon. It is the game Ninty should have done years ago. But sadly they were too busy doing sequels, and more sequels and not taking risks. It was the Reeses's Cup of Video Games. The best Handheld Game I have ever played.

Granted, for small games that take less than 10 hours to play ... and game makers starting out I don't MIND if they do downloads. If it leads to a larger game that will be place on disk then yes make it happen.

But this is a near 40 hour game. I was HAPPY to go to a store and pay for it. Im just disappointed - why sacrifice Patapon 2 for your test case?

The Pirates are fighting a losing war and they know it. So why do a test case for a game that other game makers might want to emulate in the future? I see a lot of good things in the Loco/Pata franchises that could take Gaming to the level the Wii fucking fails at. And now, even the media realizes that numbers don't matter and good games will come out of the Wii GUNK and Pussy detritus they showcase every other day on Disney XD and the like.

Its kinda frustrating. I want to get the PS3 soon, i need time but it seems time is running out. The PSP has gotten much better - but I'm worried that its going to be a more Japanese machine (not that there is anything wrong with that) because Some at Sony are hell bent on dumping the UMD drive in favor of a more Itunes/Phone/Touch format.

There is a reason why I only buy Apples Computers and not the rest of the junk - because folks, they do make good computers but unlike Sony that makes things that have functions (even if its for one game) Apples "toys" are for doushes, and i dont see whats the great thing in having so many apps (that you have to pay 20 bucks a pop in the Itouch if i hear correctly) when most of them you can already do by hand, and all the other tech shouldn't be on the Iphone (like the credit card one and the shipping label one) because what happens if somebody made a app that could steal from the other ones? Or you lose the phone!? They have the phone the sim card and the apps! It doesn't even matter if 12 out of 16 numbers are blank they still have ways of getting to it. Dont get me started on the TIPPING app or the BOOK app...

The PSP is pretty much the continuation of the Game Boy Advance and the Pocketstation - it does three things well. Can it do other things just as well? We dont know Sony has been a little late on some of the ideas they had from the first production model. But the UMD was a good idea. I dont want them to just drop it - how about improve on it? They have been very successful with the Blu-Ray. Use some of the tech in that one for any new UMD...

My problem is that this DigiDistro is too young, too easy to copy (notice that most of the big game games need the Disk in order to play the some of the downloaded items) and Sony is doing a disservice by doing this "test case". You have too many talented game artists in your sphere of influence to do just go DigiDistro. I know they want money. I just feel a Disk gives them respect. 

Ill get LocoRoco 2 later in the week - Just a little saddened that it wasn't  the continuation of the next great game franchise.
    NovidAnon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NovidAnon

The Anon of the Internet is saddened. 

I am happy that my PSP has been fixed. 
    But now Patapon 2 has no UMD.

UGH. 

I loved Patapon. It is the game Ninty should have done years ago. But sadly they were too busy doing sequels, and more sequels and not taking risks. It was the Reeses's Cup of Video Games. The best Handheld Game I have ever played.

Granted, for small games that take less than 10 hours to play ... and game makers starting out I don't MIND if they do downloads. If it leads to a larger game that will be place on disk then yes make it happen.

But this is a near 40 hour game. I was HAPPY to go to a store and pay for it. Im just disappointed - why sacrifice Patapon 2 for your test case?

The Pirates are fighting a losing war and they know it. So why do a test case for a game that other game makers might want to emulate in the future? I see a lot of good things in the Loco/Pata franchises that could take Gaming to the level the Wii fucking fails at. And now, even the media realizes that numbers don't matter and good games will come out of the Wii GUNK and Pussy detritus they showcase every other day on Disney XD and the like.

Its kinda frustrating. I want to get the PS3 soon, i need time but it seems time is running out. The PSP has gotten much better - but I'm worried that its going to be a more Japanese machine (not that there is anything wrong with that) because Some at Sony are hell bent on dumping the UMD drive in favor of a more Itunes/Phone/Touch format.

There is a reason why I only buy Apples Computers and not the rest of the junk - because folks, they do make good computers but unlike Sony that makes things that have functions (even if its for one game) Apples "toys" are for doushes, and i dont see whats the great thing in having so many apps (that you have to pay 20 bucks a pop in the Itouch if i hear correctly) when most of them you can already do by hand, and all the other tech shouldn't be on the Iphone (like the credit card one and the shipping label one) because what happens if somebody made a app that could steal from the other ones? Or you lose the phone!? They have the phone the sim card and the apps! It doesn't even matter if 12 out of 16 numbers are blank they still have ways of getting to it. Dont get me started on the TIPPING app or the BOOK app...

The PSP is pretty much the continuation of the Game Boy Advance and the Pocketstation - it does three things well. Can it do other things just as well? We dont know Sony has been a little late on some of the ideas they had from the first production model. But the UMD was a good idea. I dont want them to just drop it - how about improve on it? They have been very successful with the Blu-Ray. Use some of the tech in that one for any new UMD...

My problem is that this DigiDistro is too young, too easy to copy (notice that most of the big game games need the Disk in order to play the some of the downloaded items) and Sony is doing a disservice by doing this "test case". You have too many talented game artists in your sphere of influence to do just go DigiDistro. I know they want money. I just feel a Disk gives them respect. 

Ill get LocoRoco 2 later in the week - Just a little saddened that it wasn't  the continuation of the next great game franchise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.